Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is off. The only thing being spoken about there is planting a seed of doubt in his already made up mind, imo.

Another 'contradiction' that was actually consistent. *sigh*
It wasn't though was it.

You've said in numerous threads he's gone in the Summer.

Now you're saying, he'll be gone if we finish 'X' number of points off 4th it will 'settle the matter' as though a hint of doubt may be creeping into your thoughts on how much longer we have him.

Aye. Its also an unwritten rule that International managers dont wade into domestic club contract/transfer gubbins I guess.

Tbf it would also be in his interest that Lukaku stays another year. World-cup coming up. Changing clubs is always a risk. What if he doesn't play all the time or something similar/problems adjusting.

This is more pressing than his direct development. He has to play. Lots of parts of the Belgian press quickly blame Lukaku if things don't work out so him not playing could contribute towards that.

Tbf it would also be in his interest that Lukaku stays another year. World-cup coming up. Changing clubs is always a risk. What if he doesn't play all the time or something similar/problems adjusting.

This is more pressing than his direct development. He has to play. Lots of parts of the Belgian press quickly blame Lukaku if things don't work out so him not playing could contribute towards that.
This exactly! I also think he will stay another year, unless some CL-team robs the bank and pays 90+M..

Feels like I'm in the minority but I found it a bit strange that people backed Lukaku making comments public about his frustration at our boards lack of ambition.

I agree with his comments about the board and the failed transfer windows but think Lukaku was wrong to make his comments public mid season. He should have waited until the summer and it showed a lack of respect and professionalism in doing what he did.

If he had been a lesser player people would have been slating him all over the shop, not for his comments, as most people would agree with them, but for doing it during the season.

I've got a lot of respect for Lukaku because he could have left us at the end of last season but he didn't. That still doesn't change the fact he shouldn't have done what he did imo.

No, nothing at all. Just his legally binding employment contract upon which still has two years left on his tenure.
Completely naive.

What do Everton do if he says he wants a transfer? Say no and have a disgruntled player on their hands and a hole in their finances when he leaves a lot cheaper in his final year? They'd never want things to go that far.

If it were me as his international manager I'd want him involved in the biggest club competition in the world.

Martinez has been very diplomatic in his statement today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back