Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely naive.

What do Everton do if he says he wants a transfer? Say no and have a disgruntled player on their hands and a hole in their finances when he leaves a lot cheaper in his final year? They'd never want things to go that far.

Maybe.

But isnt reality. Its likely, granted. But you state a likelihood as a reality.

Feels like I'm in the minority but I found it a bit strange that people backed Lukaku making comments public about his frustration at our boards lack of ambition.

I agree with his comments about the board and the failed transfer windows but think Lukaku was wrong to make his comments public mid season. He should have waited until the summer and it showed a lack of respect and professionalism in doing what he did.

If he had been a lesser player people would have been slating him all over the shop, not for his comments, as most people would agree with them, but for doing it during the season.

I've got a lot of respect for Lukaku because he could have left us at the end of last season but he didn't. That still doesn't change the fact he shouldn't have done what he did imo.
You're not in your own mate. Loads in here have expressed the same views.

If it were me as his international manager I'd want him involved in the biggest club competition in the world.

Martinez has been very diplomatic in his statement today.

I agree with the diplomatic part mate.

However he really needs to play, so a new club is always a bit of a risk. I would tell him that he can still join a champions league club the following year.

I agree with the diplomatic part mate.

However he really needs to play, so a new club is always a bit of a risk. I would tell him that he can still join a champions league club the following year.
I would think, if I was the manager of Belgium going into a World Cup, that I wouldn't want my star player with a head full of transfer BS during the tournament.

Completely naive.

What do Everton do if he says he wants a transfer? Say no and have a disgruntled player on their hands and a hole in their finances when he leaves a lot cheaper in his final year? They'd never want things to go that far.

Couldn't agree more. Far too many want to or perhaps believe the hype that players contracts mean that a player will continue to perform at 100% dispute all. If a player wants out and doesn't get his own way he will spread gloom and doom and creative a negative within the team.
Just think how you would feel if your employer (on you saying you wanted to move to another job that was gonna pay better was going to tick all the boxes in terms of your ambitions ) said no way your going to have to carry on working for us. Yep I can see how you would be 100% committed and be chirping away the little ditty I am h-a-p-p-y.

Got to agree with @davek here. While he has a contract, like any player that has huge value, if he's not willing to perform for us, then the reality is that we will be forced to sell him.

The key is demonstrating that we are a team that will compete for CL places and challenge the Top 4. Rooney may help with that, which is well debated in the Rooney thread, but we need to push hard in the coming games and show commitment early in the summer in order to keep Rom.

Unfortunately Our new finance may have just come to late for impatient Lukaku, though I would make him stay another year, he's value may drop alittle with a shorter contract but we will still get a good price for him, I also see him as different to stones (stones looked like he couldn't be bothered in his last season here) Lukaku I belive is more professional than than stones and would still put the effort in. But gone are the days when we sell Duncan with no decent replacement or Rooney and replace him with Marcus Bent. If we lose Lukaku he will be replaced with quality I don't see no second rate replacement coming, I don't think we have heard enough about what's happening with Barkley yet, so I'm not to concerned about him at this moment in time. Since Koeman has come he's added two cracking midfielder in Gueye and Snides and unearthed a great youth player in Davies with plenty of other youngsters coming through, I belive the futures bright the futures champions league with or without Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back