Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no different to any other player.

If he wants to leave to play CL football, due to the length remaining on his contract he will only leave at a price good for Everton, it really is that simple.

It's got nothing to do with Martinez, boring cry arse Martinez sympathisers or anybody else for that matter.

I would think, if I was the manager of Belgium going into a World Cup, that I wouldn't want my star player with a head full of transfer BS during the tournament.

If you were the manager of Belgium .... you would be a deluded ,useless , Spaniard ,that can't set up a defence to save your life and you would have lost the respect of lukaku about a year ago.

I think you're missing the point. When you post on a forum you don't need to preface or qualify what are quite obviously viewpoints. The medium is one where people proffer views. If they are claiming any more than that they state as much, which is when the acronym ITK is applied to them.

I'm proud of you Dave ... that is the first thing I conpletley agree with you on .. it's logical and makes real sense ...

Got to agree with @davek here. While he has a contract, like any player that has huge value, if he's not willing to perform for us, then the reality is that we will be forced to sell him.
If only he would pull his finger out and start performing for us. Maybe score a few goals FFS.

The key is demonstrating that we are a team that will compete for CL places and challenge the Top 4. Rooney may help with that, which is well debated in the Rooney thread, but we need to push hard in the coming games and show commitment early in the summer in order to keep Rom.
His comments in that interview recently suggest that he wants to see a "big name" transfer target signed. As do most of us.

If only he would pull his finger out and start performing for us. maybe score a few goals FFS.

His comments in that interview recently suggest that he wants to see a "big name" transfer target signed. As do most of us.
lets hope a stadium announcement today is our Robinho moment when people realise this Mosh fella really means business and we start to see better players coming into our world

I think you're missing the point. When you post on a forum you don't need to preface or qualify what are quite obviously viewpoints. The medium is one where people proffer views. If they are claiming any more than that they state as much, which is when the acronym ITK is applied to them.

Knew you'd catch on. Good lad

If only he would pull his finger out and start performing for us. Maybe score a few goals FFS.

This comment seems like you've arrived into this conversation without actually reading any context...

Hes performing brilliantly now... Will he still do that once we reject a move and force him to stay?

I love you Rom, please don't do what Abel done, Gazza took it hard and is in a bad state now.
Phil Neville left and we missed the point, Joleon was taken by City just because they could, and it ended with him covered in Claret.
No-One ever leaves the blue side and is happy and successful, even the chossen one Wayne, who despite his plaudits longs to return home.

I'll go out on a limb here that he is caught between two decisions here. He is letting everyone know that he is "available," but he is also putting pressure on the board to actually do something. I don't think we will see a truly discontent Rom unless we totally butcher the transfer window or a club offers a fair price for his signature. Either way the board has to do something big this summer whether he stays or not, but I'm of the mindset that he can be convinced to stay if we make a statement. If he stays, I think other players will be convinced that we are ambitious, and after witnessing his play this season, I could see us having a bigger pull than last year. We are the team that should be breaking into the top 4 if all goes according to plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back