Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're kneejerking here, if he does that consistently for 10-15 games then We can chat until then, one swallow doesn't make a summer. Who'd have predicted Kone's upturn in form, is anyone who was critical of him a tit?
He's scored loads of goals for us in his two seasons at the club already mate.

If you can't see what a boss striker we have on our hands then you're doing all my work for me in this wee debate.

He's scored loads of goals for us in his two seasons at the club already mate.

If you can't see what a boss striker we have on our hands then you're doing all my work for me in this wee debate.
Performance like yesterday on a fairly regular basis would put him in top 3-4 strikers in PL, but although it would be unfair to expect that every week. When in your opinion did we last see a performance like that from him? I'd be interested to know if you can remember a particular game?

It's been explained over and over again why people hold that view. It's not difficult to understand that people place more importance on goals scored against 19 teams of similar quality than those scored against lesser opposition in other competitions.

Lukaku scored five goals against Young Boys over two games - yet for me those two yesterday against Southampton have more value than all of those goals combined.

So it works both ways - if he scored 25 in the league and got nothing in the cups, I couldn't care less about the cups, as the league has much more value.

It's the same as a goal from open play being a lot more valuable in assessing quality than kicking in a penalty. One is harder to do than the other. Two away at Southampton is a bigger feat than scoring four against FC Crapo from Kazakhstan.
If the Europa league is against such poor opposition, why didn't we win it?

Are we going to revise Dixie Dean's scoring record because the rules were different for keepers in those days?

Are we going to discount some of Neville Southall's appearances because some were in the ZDS cup?

And we had next to no domestic cup run last year, so surely the goals he got in Europe would take the place of a usual decent cup run.

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree mate, for me, a goal for Everton in a competitive match is a goal for Everton in a competitive match.

Last season where he scored 20 goals mate.
We played over 50 games last season if he'd of played like that every gave he'd be on over 100 goals, all I'm saying outside of yesterday when was the last individual game he played like that, I can only think of the EL game V Young Boys. I didn't think you'd be able to think of one.

We played over 50 games last season if he'd of played like that every gave he'd be on over 100 goals, all I'm saying outside of yesterday when was the last individual game he played like that, I can only think of the EL game V Young Boys. I didn't think you'd be able to think of one.

Wolfsburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back