Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
On his day there's no irony in saying he is phenomenal!

Give him service and he will do the rest nine times out of ten. The way we played to his strengths yesterday should be the marker for the rest of the season.

Ah hello, another lovely contribution from the yang to Damon's ying.

What?

I'm just taking the piss out of those people who defend any valid criticism of him by using the (in my opinion) daft excuse mentioning his age as if it's a catch all excuse for poor parts of his game. Instead of being able to have a reasonable discussion regarding his strengths and weaknesses as a player you just get shot down if you mention he has poor control for a professional footballer with over 200 games at a high level with "he's only *insert age here*". All players have good points and strong points and both are worth being talked about.

But i'll stop if it bothers you. But hopefully if he continues being used as he was yesterday, and playing as well as he did his weak points won't be an issue.

...or we have a great season and say no to all the offers and have an even better season next year.

Why would you want to make a nice profit on Rom instead of keeping our best striker for decades?

just a feeling he's more likely to want out if a champions league club came in, i've never felt Stones would make waves but Rom has even said he wants champions league.

just a feeling he's more likely to want out if a champions league club came in, i've never felt Stones would make waves but Rom has even said he wants champions league.
Strikers have to be driven and have to strive to be the best in the world. They need that arrogance or yesterday he wouldn't have taken his second goal first touch, he wouldn't have tried that magnificent ballet turn etc.
If Rom plays like that every game, we can get champions league ourselves. It's as simple as that. It doesn't matter how good a defender you are, nobody could have dealt with Rom in that mood.

Strikers have to be driven and have to strive to be the best in the world. They need that arrogance or yesterday he wouldn't have taken his second goal first touch, he wouldn't have tried that magnificent ballet turn etc.
If Rom plays like that every game, we can get champions league ourselves. It's as simple as that. It doesn't matter how good a defender you are, nobody could have dealt with Rom in that mood.

If he's good enough and stays fit all year, no reason why he couldn't fire us into the Champions League
Assisted by Kone

i hope you turn out to be right and i'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back