Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, somehow, and I'm yet to understand why, they're not valid.

Big bugbear of mine that.

It's been explained over and over again why people hold that view. It's not difficult to understand that people place more importance on goals scored against 19 teams of similar quality than those scored against lesser opposition in other competitions.

Lukaku scored five goals against Young Boys over two games - yet for me those two yesterday against Southampton have more value than all of those goals combined.

So it works both ways - if he scored 25 in the league and got nothing in the cups, I couldn't care less about the cups, as the league has much more value.

It's the same as a goal from open play being a lot more valuable in assessing quality than kicking in a penalty. One is harder to do than the other. Two away at Southampton is a bigger feat than scoring four against FC Crapo from Kazakhstan.

Trampoline shinned weapon.

How long is it going to take him to get fit ? Its been what, 15 months ?

I criticise Lukaku for failing to adapt his game to hold up play and developing a first touch for over a year, and I despise him.

drop him. Bring him back when he's fit and we start to play football in the opposition half.

Get rid of him while we can still get a decent price I say, i said after his loan he does not fit into our system and didn't want him and it looks to be the case.

People might not like it but the only way it's going to work is if he or Martinez leaves because the two styles are contradictory and it makes me doubt Martinez as a tactitian for signing him in the first place.

This year we aren't in the EL so let's see how many domestic goals he gets. Were you satisfied with his 1 in 4 PL strike rate last season? He scored 5 of his 20 in 2 games against Young Boys, looking at his stats per game outside of that makes those 2 particular fixtures look like an anomaly. He is the most overrated Everton player by our own fans.

Lads?

Second game in.

Not really. We didn't play two up top today. Koné drifted all over the place but on average he wasn't any further forward than Barkley. I don't know what you'd call that formation that Martinez threw out there, but it sure wasn't 4-4-2. At least most of the time.
It seemed quite similar to what juve used last season

Do cup games not count mate? LOL! Is he too "lazy" for you? LOL!
You're kneejerking here, if he does that consistently for 10-15 games then We can chat until then, one swallow doesn't make a summer. Who'd have predicted Kone's upturn in form, is anyone who was critical of him a tit?

It's been explained over and over again why people hold that view. It's not difficult to understand that people place more importance on goals scored against 19 teams of similar quality than those scored against lesser opposition in other competitions.

Lukaku scored five goals against Young Boys over two games - yet for me those two yesterday against Southampton have more value than all of those goals combined.

So it works both ways - if he scored 25 in the league and got nothing in the cups, I couldn't care less about the cups, as the league has much more value.

It's the same as a goal from open play being a lot more valuable in assessing quality than kicking in a penalty. One is harder to do than the other. Two away at Southampton is a bigger feat than scoring four against FC Crapo from Kazakhstan.

I sort of know what you're getting at here, but you're in danger of producing a kopite-inspired "alternate goals league table" with different weightings and pars given to goals scored against different clubs based on their league position, competition etc. Everyone always says English clubs are generally [Poor language removed] when compared with their European counterparts; "English clubs always get shown up in Europe" and yet somehow scoring a goal against Burnley in the league is a sign of a better striker than scoring one against a team who have been much more successful in their own league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back