Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really. We didn't play two up top today. Koné drifted all over the place but on average he wasn't any further forward than Barkley. I don't know what you'd call that formation that Martinez threw out there, but it sure wasn't 4-4-2. At least most of the time.

Not really. We didn't play two up top today. Koné drifted all over the place but on average he wasn't any further forward than Barkley. I don't know what you'd call that formation that Martinez threw out there, but it sure wasn't 4-4-2. At least most of the time.

It was two up top though. Diamond 4 in the mid...Barry deep, Clev and McCarthy left and right, and Barkley behind the strikers.

Of course they drifted and interchanged...that is football. But the base formation was 4-4-2 with the mid 4 in a diamond.

I'd say having two recognised strikers on the field probably constitutes as playing two recognised strikers. It certainly freed Lukaku up.

No doubt someone will try to say Kone was a false 9, a half past 10 or an inverted first five-eigth.

I'd say having two recognised strikers on the field probably constitutes as playing two recognised strikers. It certainly freed Lukaku up.

No doubt someone will try to say Kone was a false 9, a half past 10 or an inverted first five-eigth.

Second half Kone played left mid. That was no doubt due to the 2-0 lead, but it wasn't a 4-4-2.

He needs to carry on like this and he'll have many teams interested in him next summer and we might even make a nice profit on him.

Watching MOTD reminded me of two moves that didn't result in goals but were absolutely grade-A top class from Lukaku.

The first was that ridiculous run down the left flank where he absolutely humiliated their fullback and got fouled on the edge of the box. The second was at the other end of the game for Naismith's chance where he received the ball and pulled off a ballet-turn to roll a Southampton player that no-one of his size should be able to do.

It must be terrifying for defenders seeing Lukaku steaming at you down the wing, when he does that there's no stopping him (without giving away a foul)

Also that spin was incredible, deserved more. Genuinely incredible how different he plays when we play to his strengths.

He needs to carry on like this and he'll have many teams interested in him next summer and we might even make a nice profit on him.
...or we have a great season and say no to all the offers and have an even better season next year.

Why would you want to make a nice profit on Rom instead of keeping our best striker for decades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back