Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was poor but the service was garbage. We know he can't play with his back to goal but that's what we resorted to. The through balls we tried were poor and intercepted. However this lad will never be what he thinks he is until he can make things happen himself. But keep sticking that ball in the the onion bag against weaker teams Rom cos I'll take 26 wins outside of the sky 6

He's a flat track bully, rarely turns up against the big teams. If he wants a big money move to a champions league club he'll have to improve big time.
He's scored 3 in 8 against the top 6 this season which is fine considering we've been crap in a bunch of those. Also flat track bullies win the league. Imagine if the RS had someone who got them ten more points from the dross at the bottom

He's made massive strides this season, but he'll never be able to handle passes being banged into his feet at pace, which I think is the most important attribute for a striker at a top club.

He's good at mouthing off but i think Rom is bit of a flat track bully.When the going get's tough and on the biggest occasions he goes missing.Last seasons FA Cup semi final being a case in point.Will he prove me wrong at Anfield on Saturday or will he fail to deliver just like how he failed to deliver in that semi final against United?

The service was poor and all but truly great players find a way to do the business regardless of the circumstances.Romelu Lukaku failed to deliver at Wembley and he failed to deliver today at Anfield.

No service, haha. Okay but he offered nothing else. He contributed to nothing.

I wonder do the 7 people who disliked my post saying that he isn't a big game player want to review their rating of that post now?:D I have a feeling that the silence from them will be deafening.

He was poor but the service was garbage. We know he can't play with his back to goal but that's what we resorted to. The through balls we tried were poor and intercepted. However this lad will never be what he thinks he is until he can make things happen himself. But keep sticking that ball in the the onion bag against weaker teams Rom cos I'll take 26 wins outside of the sky 6
And that is why he's not a top player. Remove service into the box he's anonymous. The obvious comparison is Drogba..a great goalscorer and a great outfield player. Unlike Drogba he doesn't hurt teams when hes not scoring.

I'm not convinced he could do the job Diego Costa does for Chelsea. Watched the Belgium match the other night when Lukaku scored a brilliant equaliser...the problem is he did nothing other than that. Say he was able to hold the ball up, or turn a defender with pace, or pull defenders all over the place...chances are Belgium would have scored a lot sooner and won. Just being a good goalscorer can mask the negative effect such a player has on a team. I'd take a 15 goal a season forward who makes the entire forward line function really well than a 25 goal a season forward who makes it function badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back