Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's on the best goal scorers in European football, when he gets a chance your more shocked if he misses. But for him to make the next step it's these type of games were he needs to show some authority. No service, fine, I'll make life hell for everyone in that back four

Ok he got no service. But, he should be causing havoc against their centre backs if he's 'world class' like. I like him, but disappointed in him today. Him and a few others too.
I think the above is a fair assessment. He just does not do what Aguero Costa Drogba do harrassing and fighting for the ball he needs to sign his contract zip it and improve

But if he goes to Chelsea he will have Hazard Willian and kante etc to feed off. Not trying to make excuses for him as he should have done much better today.

Have you seen Costa when they go up against the top sides?? He defends from the front and makes life hell for the opposition defences. He may not have a chance all game but still puts in a MOTM performance

I think the above is a fair assessment. He just does not do what Aguero Costa Drogba do harrassing and fighting for the ball he needs to sign his contract zip it and improve
We've all got an opinion on what should happen with Rom and his contract. I'd like him to sign it and stay. But if he doesn't, I'd keep him for one more season and improve the squad in other areas first. Sell him next summer if needs be.

Spooky Jamie redknapp just said exactly what I was thinking. Never thought I'd agree with anything that spice boy had to say. Really hope all the top cl teams are watching to see how lukaku effects big games.

hate Redknapp. if we were ever to re-write "the banks of the royal blue mersey", i'd have him swinging first !!!.

Rom looked like a player who has already left - in his head. Seems Moshiri and Koeman are set on holding him to the two year contract, at least for another year. Sadly, we can't really drop him as we have nobody to replace him - and he knows that.

Have you seen Costa when they go up against the top sides?? He defends from the front and makes life hell for the opposition defences. He may not have a chance all game but still puts in a MOTM performance

This. Made a similar point in the match thread. The difference between Rom and the world's best is that they will bust a gut when the chips are down, Rom doesn't. That's his major weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back