Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't play his best but it would be unfair to criticise his focus. Was ecstatic when the equaliser went in and was urging the fans on early in the second half.

Have to laugh when pundits ask why isn't being like Drogba or Costa or Sanchez. Yeah you're right, playing along other class players.

I thought he did look interested today, but I'm not sure he's up to the challange in the big games. He did have that big performance in the Chelsea fa cup game, but I'm struggling to think of to many the has driven the team on in big games. Cahil was brilliant at it, Ferguson always upped his game for them and Felliani had a few memorable big games to. It is true though he's far of being Drogbas standard, as much as Lukaku thinks he should already be at a big big team, what he really needs us 2 more seasons here first.

Needs to do better in these types of games and won't be world class until he does. He will with time though. Every other aspect of his game has improved, as will this.

Obviously Evertonians will take this opportunity to unload on him for every bit of media speculation surrounding him recently that they've taken personally over the last month, but those of them that aren't melts will also recognise that, in hindsight, Koeman probably got it wrong with DCL over Mirallas and that Barkley was terrible, meaning that with Coleman out as well, his chances of affecting the game were reduced straight away.

Lukaku wasn't close to being our worst performer but still has to be more of a nuisance when his teammates' weaknesses are highlighted as painfully as they always are in derbies.

Gets the fans on side by celebrating the goal. So he should celebrate a goal whether he scores or not. Gary Neville hit the nail on the head today and it's been something I've said since he came to us. He will score a goal or two when we're winning against poor opposition but in the big games he just doesn't do enough. He's got to bully centre halves more hold the ball up better and bring players around him into play. He does none of this. There was one moment when he was released down the right and allowed lovren to get back and get the tackle in. Pace is supposed to be his biggest asset. SELL!

Lids at Madrid and Chelsea have a decent first touch. Something to work on when you're playing basketball with Pogba and your agent us hawking you round Europe.

Wtf do people want him to do he had no help whatsoever & gets slagged off
but when hopefully balls are flung up in his general direction in a game like today, he can get amongst the back line. Straq was crap but he did it. Making them feel that their back line was potentially under threat affects the whole team. That was a walk in the park today and no one played well in blue.

Not the best game to have his worst performance of the season.

Much like Ross, if Rom wants to be seen as an elite player and get the move he craves, he needs to step up in these type of games.

He needs to do much more; get man of the match by bullying, hold up play, running a defence ragged.

Today was really dissapointing; Jamie Redknapp (who I think speaks rubbish all the time) nailed it. Half hearted; must do more in games where he doesnt score and impact big games.

Not his best game, was very tightly marked all day though. We didn't offer him a lot of support either. Still the best player we've had in the past 10 years mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back