Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking like the rest of the team are starting to lose patience with Lukaku. The last two games his performances have been atrocious. If he's downed tools already he needs to be sold in the summer, can't have that individual mindset within the squad.

I'm not sure he's downed tools so much although perhaps you could be right I'd need to see his stats and watch his movement

What I would say is whenever he comes up against top sides he seems to underperform. Whether that's not having the ability to beat better players or we aren't able to give him as many chances I don't know. However I do think regardless of how badly we will miss him he has to go. Will set us back a few years but it's for the best in the long term

I've got a really good plan. Basically I am gonna start manifesting criticisms of Lukaku so when the time comes for him to inevitably leave Everton I will feel less bad about us losing our best striker for 30 years.

Anyone care to join me? Oh you already started? Ace.
blues at their most kopite this, they will all be claiming calvert-lewin is going to be better anyway

I'm not sure he's downed tools so much although perhaps you could be right I'd need to see his stats and watch his movement

What I would say is whenever he comes up against top sides he seems to underperform. Whether that's not having the ability to beat better players or we aren't able to give him as many chances I don't know. However I do think regardless of how badly we will miss him he has to go. Will set us back a few years but it's for the best in the long term
Against the better sides, it's not only him but the rest of the team where the frailties come to the surface. But it's easy to see the lack of application when you're watching a player that isn't trying.

He had a solid game. Don't understand why he's being abused. Pretty much created every counter attacking opportunity tonight with his movement & hold-up play.

Some fumed about the price we paid for him and feel a need to slate him to feel less wrong and then some take his open ambition as an insult to the club because we can't match it, so want to tear him down.

I've got a really good plan. Basically I am gonna start manifesting criticisms of Lukaku so when the time comes for him to inevitably leave Everton I will feel less bad about us losing our best striker for 30 years.

Anyone care to join me? Oh you already started? Ace.
He is one of the best strikers in world football atm. I don't think he is immune to criticism though, and he just so happens to be struggling when all of these stories surface about his "big-summer" move. If there is a time to question his mental toughness, it is probably now. This could be the second straight season that he has disappeared after talks of a big move. He needs to be better than that- I think he owes it to the supporters who had his back even after the comments were made. I do think a lot of people are exaggerating a couple of poor performances though I'll give you that. We Everton fans are a histrionic bunch

He is one of the best strikers in world football atm. I don't think he is immune to criticism though, and he just so happens to be struggling when all of these stories surface about his "big-summer" move. If there is a time to question his mental toughness, it is probably now. This could be the second straight season that he has disappeared after talks of a big move. He needs to be better than that- I think he owes it to the supporters who had his back even after the comments were made. I do think a lot of people are exaggerating a couple of poor performances though I'll give you that. We Everton fans are a histrionic bunch
Criticising him is fine mate. He's scored 20 league goals already this season though so I'd be more inclined to level reservations at others.

Criticising him is fine mate. He's scored 20 league goals already this season though so I'd be more inclined to level reservations at others.
In this case, for some, I think it is kind of personal. It is much more frustrating seeing someone as talented as Lukaku pooping the bed than someone such as Enner Valencia. It's much worse if he isn't putting forth the effort. His second half was very poor.

In this case, for some, I think it is kind of personal. It is much more frustrating seeing someone as talented as Lukaku pooping the bed than someone such as Enner Valencia. It's much worse if he isn't putting forth the effort. His second half was very poor.
His first half was poor too. It's one of a a tiny amount of poor games he's played this season. He's scored 20 league goals and we're just into April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back