Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first half was poor too. It's one of a a tiny amount of poor games he's played this season. He's scored 20 league goals and we're just into April.
Agreed. I'm personally not as upset as most are with him, but I am disappointed that he is letting everything get to his head. We had an outside shot at top 4 in the Liverpool game, and we were never likely to get that spot, but a lot was at stake. He didn't really look too arsed. He should still be committed to the club while he is here- not daydreaming about a romantic cruise in the lovely harbors of Spain like a damned Pisces.

I'm not sure he's downed tools so much although perhaps you could be right I'd need to see his stats and watch his movement

What I would say is whenever he comes up against top sides he seems to underperform. Whether that's not having the ability to beat better players or we aren't able to give him as many chances I don't know. However I do think regardless of how badly we will miss him he has to go. Will set us back a few years but it's for the best in the long term
Or we could hang on to him for another season ( since he has 2 years left) integrate a suitable replacement, watch him score more goals and not get set back a season or two? I mean I'm not an actual footy manager like , but it seems like a more sensible route to success, whaddya think?

Agreed. I'm personally not as upset as most are with him, but I am disappointed that he is letting everything get to his head. We had an outside shot at top 4 in the Liverpool game, and we were never likely to get that spot, but a lot was at stake. He didn't really look too arsed. He should still be committed to the club while he is here- not daydreaming about a romantic cruise in the lovely harbors of Spain like a damned Pisces.
I think it's a bit spurious saying he isn't arsed at the moment mate. He's an ambitious lad and it plays into his benefit to perform in those two big away games this week. That he didn't is more likely to be down to form, mindset, lack of support or just simply playing superior defenders.

I think it's a bit spurious saying he isn't arsed at the moment mate. He's an ambitious lad and it plays into his benefit to perform in those two big away games this week. That he didn't is more likely to be down to form, mindset, lack of support or just simply playing superior defenders.
It could be anything really, but he opened himself to criticism when he made those comments. I think it is no coincidence that his poor form comes after the stories that have been circling about though. He can silence the doubters next week with a hat trick. Any less and we are selling him to the Chinese

Dejan Lovren is not a superior defender though

He's a good defender. What about Matip too?
Looked like Lovren was handling Lukaku duties on Saturday. Matip could have been napping all game. I don't think the rags have a good back line. Bailly was excellent for Utd tonight though but I think Lukaku could have tore him up if he wanted to. There's something not right with him at the moment.

Looked like Lovren was handling Lukaku duties on Saturday. Matip could have been napping all game. I don't think the rags have a good back line. Bailly was excellent for Utd tonight thoug but I think Lukaku could have tore him up if he wanted to. There's something not right with him at the moment.
It pains me to say it but Lovren and Matip are good central defenders supoerior to most defenders in the league if we're being honest. I agree I'd like to have seen him bully them around more but they handled him really well. Same as Bailly tonight who had the better of Lukaku.

Two games away at Anfield and Old Trafford so if you think he was gonna struggle then it's them type of places.

My point is that it's weird how some can't wait to jump all over Lukaku with criticism when he's the best striker we've had for 30 years. All these criticisms and spurious assertions come out in a season where he's got 21 league goals under his belt already with a chunk of games left. He can't carry us every game, even if he makes a good fist of it.

I never understand why people are so fickle.

He did not play well, it happens. For Belgium he played well, good holdup play and a good goal (against the two best defensive players he came up against this week; Manolas & Papadopoulos).

He comes back from Russia, is a bit tired; plays bad games and everything changes suddenly he's gash.

Knowing him it'll be for a couple of games since mentally he isn't the strongest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back