Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It pains me to say it but Lovren and Matip are good central defenders supoerior to most defenders in the league if we're being honest. I agree I'd like to have seen him bully them around more but they handled him really well. Same as Bailly tonight who had the better of Lukaku.

Two games away at Anfield and Old Trafford so if you think he was gonna struggle then it's them type of places.

My point is that it's weird how some can't wait to jump all over Lukaku with criticism when he's the best striker we've had for 30 years. All these criticisms and spurious assertions come out in a season where he's got 21 league goals under his belt already with a chunk of games left. He can't carry us every game, even if he makes a good fist of it.
Not sure they are to be honest, Lovren and Matip. With regards Lukaku, I like him when he's on it and for the most part he has been lethal and could finish the leagues top scorer but I think we are entitled to call him out on it when he's not playing well.

guys it's the game plan and missing coleman. when we're defensive like that we don't get much support or prolonged possession. coleman is our primary outlet of width and tremendously useful for overloads. sure we should have had one on the counter tonight, but lukaku worked hard and seemed pretty tired much of the match but still kept running.

he made the wrong choice here or there, but I can't really blame him for at least trying to have a shot when the only other person designated to get up with him is ross and he's twenty yards behind.

it was the right plan and lukaku did fine.

Not sure they are to be honest, Lovren and Matip. With regards Lukaku, I like him when he's on it and for the most part he has been lethal and could finish the leagues top scorer but I think we are entitled to call him out on it when he's not playing well.
For two games in a season where he's scored 21 goals in 30 league games? I don't think we will agree on this mate but I'm calling "context" here.

I don't know what to make of him shushing Williams after Williams was tearing him a new one for giving possession away cheaply.

Bothered me a bit. Just take it like a man when you mess up.

With Ibrahimovic confirmed to the LA Galaxy now, do we expect the papers to start with the inevitable clickbaiting from tomorrow?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-United-s-Ibrahimovic-set-LA-Galaxy-move.html

Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic 'has turned down new contract in favour of LA Galaxy move'
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been offered a new contract by Manchester United
  • He is yet to sign new deal and reports in USA state he is moving to LA Galaxy
  • Fox Deportes say Ibrahimovic has agreed a deal to move to MLS side in summer
  • Last week, 35-year-old said of his future: 'Let's see what happens, we are talking'
By BEN NAGLE FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 04:27 +10:00, 5 April 2017 | UPDATED: 05:30 +10:00, 5 April 2017

Zlatan Ibrahimovic will reject Manchester United's offer of a new contract in favour of a move to MLS side LA Galaxy, according to reports in America.

The 35-year-old's future is yet to be confirmed with two months left of the season, but Fox Deportes are reporting that Ibrahimovic has agreed a deal to move to the US.

Galaxy has played host to both David Beckham and Steven Gerrard in the past, and some expect Zlatan to be the next star name on the club's Los Angeles roster.

3EF0BE0800000578-4380098-image-a-5_1491330358756.jpg

+3
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is moving to LA Galaxy in the summer, according to America's Fox Deportes

3ED9A22A00000578-4380098-image-a-3_1491330267237.jpg

+3
Both Ibrahimovic and Wayne Rooney (right) have been linked with summer moves to America

At United this season, he has scored 26 goals in all competitions and is the club's top scorer by some distance.

United and Jose Mourinho are desperate for the Swede to stay beyond this summer, but no new contract has yet been signed.

In fact, Fox Sports reported the following: 'Confirmed from Europe. Zlatan Ibrahimovic will play for Galaxy,' alongside a mocked-up image of the player wearing LA Galaxy's colours.

3EED8E6C00000578-4380098-image-a-1_1491330241552.jpg

+3
Ibrahimovic has been in fine form for United this season, netting 26 goals in all competitions

Ibrahimovic has been asked about his future on a number of occasions, each time refusing to give a straight answer and insisting that talks were still ongoing.

Last week, he told reporters: 'Let's see what happens, we are talking.

'I have an option for another year, I want to do great as long as I'm here, so let us see, there is a lot of time.'

Are we sure he was defo shushing? It looked to me like he was raising his finger, but if you're all saying he's doing a shhhh then I'm probably wrong.

I don't know, seemed like Barry felt he needed to step in front of Williams for a moment to make sure Williams didn't go at him.

It's probably nothing, just makes me wonder about lukaku and his chemistry and standing with the rest of the players

I don't know, seemed like Barry felt he needed to step in front of Williams for a moment to make sure Williams didn't go at him.

It's probably nothing, just makes me wonder about lukaku and his chemistry and standing with the rest of the players
I reckon these sort of things happen and it was sorted out in the dressing room. They're all sleeping and there's tits like me on the internet still obsessing over it.

What is it 3 goals against the top six this season? (3 in 10) It's ok being a flat track bully where endless service is supplied into the box for you to get on the end of, but against quality opposition where chances are much less or you have to produce something yourself it's then where you show your worth. The amount of times he had just one defender to beat but his awful technique let him down. His huge cumbersome heavy set frame lets him down, both in terms of touch, and his lack of movement. The one time he did skin the defender on the right late in the second half he only managed to do so as he hit the ball 10 yards in front of himself to run on to (naturally he ended up miscontrolling the ball)..when space is much tighter, or when he has to do something from a standing start, he struggles. Say it again, he's a bang average outfield player.

When Ross was running down the left he was getting hammered a few times by Robbie Savage for not picking out Lukaku, overlooking the static lump upfront who never made any run into space to receive a pass (it's not that he chose not to, from a standing start he's incapable of doing so).

Unless the service is provided into the box and everything is geared towards him to the overall detriment to the team, he struggles. He doesn't link play. He doesnt provide for others. He doesn't make runs into space or pull defenders all over the place. He's a one dimensional forward who is very lucky to be playing for a club that meets his own personal requirements (get the ball in Baines, Seamus, Ross etc.). I will be stunned if a Chelsea come calling for him. Man City got fleeced by signing the hapless Stones so there is always a chance.

I don't know what to make of him shushing Williams after Williams was tearing him a new one for giving possession away cheaply.

Bothered me a bit. Just take it like a man when you mess up.

Wasn't it a minute before that were Williams lost possession by aimlessly kicking forward?

What is it 3 goals against the top six this season? (3 in 10) It's ok being a flat track bully where endless service is supplied into the box for you to get on the end of, but against quality opposition where chances are much less or you have to produce something yourself it's then where you show your worth. The amount of times he had just one defender to beat but his awful technique let him down. His huge cumbersome heavy set frame lets him down, both in terms of touch, and his lack of movement. The one time he did skin the defender on the right late in the second half he only managed to do so as he hit the ball 10 yards in front of himself to run on to (naturally he ended up miscontrolling the ball)..when space is much tighter, or when he has to do something from a standing start, he struggles. Say it again, he's a bang average outfield player.

When Ross was running down the left he was getting hammered a few times by Robbie Savage for not picking out Lukaku, overlooking the static lump upfront who never made any run into space to receive a pass (it's not that he chose not to, from a standing start he's incapable of doing so).

Unless the service is provided into the box and everything is geared towards him to the overall detriment to the team, he struggles. He doesn't link play. He doesnt provide for others. He doesn't make runs into space or pull defenders all over the place. He's a one dimensional forward who is very lucky to be playing for a club that meets his own personal requirements (get the ball in Baines, Seamus, Ross etc.). I will be stunned if a Chelsea come calling for him. Man City got fleeced by signing the hapless Stones so there is always a chance.
You're right he would be bang average at playing in the midfield or out wide. That's not what he does. It wasn't a good effort tonight and he looked to be playing for himself but if we are being honest it is going to be a real shame when he's gone. The hit the ball 10 yards in front wasn't an accident, he knew Rojo was toast. Then he should have played Barkley. The point is he is great but frustrating. To say he isn't good is not right. But Koeman needs to judge his commitment because the antics with Williams and Pogba won't work and if he is done working hard for Everton he needs to go. Also his record is 3 in 9 as he didn't play the first game vs Spurs. 1 in 3 is better than the strike rates of everyone we've had since Cottee. The problem is the effort in these games needs to go up not down.

Say it again, he's a bang average outfield player.

He's a one dimensional forward who is very lucky to be playing for a club that meets his own personal requirements.

I've stripped out all the other words so we can take a moment to marvel at these two sentences. Try as I might I couldn't think up bait as genius as this.

This is the Romelu Lukaku thread just for clarification.

I bid you all goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back