Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything between 70-80m and he's gone. And we'd be stupid not to sell around that price. Seems too late to try and convince now, even if we signed good players early in the summer.

The next 6-12 months his value will peak, after that any potential buyer will be looking at how long is left on his contract. I just hope we stir somewhat of a bidding war, push the price up as high as possible without putting teams off.

Koeman and Walsh will reinvest in 2/3 forwards with different qualities. Different games, different situations, different options.

We will do. Barkley will go this summer if he doesn't accept the deal in front of him.

My point on Lukaku is that he's such a valuable player that if we let it go to the final 12 months other clubs will know it makes sense to wait a little longer to get a £80M player for free.

aah fair enough, whatever happens its gonna be interesting to see how it plays out

We will do. Barkley will go this summer if he doesn't accept the deal in front of him.

My point on Lukaku is that he's such a valuable player that if we let it go to the final 12 months other clubs will know it makes sense to wait a little longer to get a £80M player for free.

...but he will want to leave and there will be clubs keen to sign him, no doubt about that.

Why is everybody so sure he leaves next summer regardless?

Maybe he stays 1 more season, fires us into the top 4 and then signs a new contract because we're in the CL the following season?

...it certainly gets interesting with 12 months left but if Lukaku wants out now I can't see him running down the entirety of his contract. Saying that, if any player wants to do that there's nothing a club on the planet can do about it.

With more than 2 seasons to go I think we are in a good position.
We are in as good a position as it will get. After this summer the situation runs away from us.

He was meant to be gone at the end of last season and as I recall, not one club put an offer in for him. The only team I can see him going to is Chelsea as a direct replacement for Costa.
If they don't put a bid in, not sure where else he would fit in.

He would have gone last summer if not Moshiri and Koeman. No CL next season and he wants to leave that is predictable. Last time we were near to CL was in 2005.
There was no takers for him back then. Not with the money required. There is now...in spades.

he'll leave, imo. I dont think there's any serious doubt about it now. Even the manager has conformed he wont sign up for us and we cant afford his stock to tumble post summer.

We are in as good a position as it will get. After this summer the situation runs away from us.
On this we agree Dave.

If he's adamant he's not going to sign a new deal at any price, then he has to go this summer in reality.

As if we hang on to him for another year, then we'll face the possibility of him turning down moves to hang on for 6 months and negotiate a Bosman. You can't risk that scenario with a £70-80m asset.

...it certainly gets interesting with 12 months left but if Lukaku wants out now I can't see him running down the entirety of his contract. Saying that, if any player wants to do that there's nothing a club on the planet can do about it.

With more than 2 seasons to go I think we are in a good position.

How much is 2 years of having the leagues leading goalscorer worth to Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back