Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is 2 years of having the leagues leading goalscorer worth to Everton?

..it's a good point and a very difficult one to answer. Leading scorers aren't everything (as we found out with Lineker) so much depends on our skill in the transfer market. We are in a business and a financial balance needs to be analysed. Every player has a value and the deciding factor will surely be whether a club are prepared to meet Everton's asking price.

The other point is the worth of keeping players who want to be elsewhere. Keeping Stones an extra season was applauded at the time but didn't really work in anybody's favour because the players form dipped and he became a disruptive figure.

The other point is the worth of keeping players who want to be elsewhere. Keeping Stones an extra season was applauded at the time but didn't really work in anybody's favour because the players form dipped and he became a disruptive figure.
Got out of Jail with that though. His value didn't really drop whereas, in most cases, a drop in form could result in lower bids.

If he wants to go sell him now. As much as I love having a top striker at the club - if he thinks he is better than Everton he can do one. I want a player like Cahill or Big Dunc who bleed Everton.

I'll be glad to see the back of him. I understand there is next to no loyalty in football these days but this belter has done nothing but moan about how he would rather be somewhere else. If Ross doesn't want to stay then he can go as well. Use the money to bring in 2 or 3 quality attackers who want to be here. I'm sure those 2 or 3 attackers could manage 30 goals between them.

How much is 2 years of having the leagues leading goalscorer worth to Everton?

Indeed.

Selling him now instead of letting him go as a free agent in two years time could well be a false economy.

Who knows what we can achieve with him leading the line and some better class players brought in.

Plus there is always the prospect of us getting competitive at the top end of the table, winning trophies and enter the CL ourselves.

In which case Rom might well decide he wants to stay here when his current contract is up.

Personally, I would tell him there is no way he is going this summer.....no way at all.

He can't afford to sulk as there is a World Cup at the end of next season.

We've seen better players than Lukaku leave; we will go on. Rom can live out his dream of playing where he wants, I'm sure we'll be fine.

This is not a case of him being replaced by Marcus Bent, an excellent striker will be brought in.

He'll be thanked for his goals and remembered fondly, even his massive bouncy shins

And this season.

For all Rom's goals and his talent, we've achieved sweet FA with him leading the line.

WE'RE DOOMED. DOOOOOOMED.
yes, I mean his replacement might actually score a goal which affects the score line against a team in the top half of the table, cos other than against city Rom hasn't managed that for us this season.
Eminently replaceable. Of more concern to me is that we will struggle to spend the money. the players worth that much won't come to us, so we will end up spending the money on three to four players, and Mosh gets to shrug his shoulders at the end of the window with another no net spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back