Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing people forget about Lukaku is that the fact you have a leading scorer on the pitch means teams concentrate on stopping him , leaving room for others to operate. You don't get that with a 12 goal a season forward.

Getting goals is the only thing I want from a forward. In any case, Lukaku has a very respectable number of assists this season.

I love Rom and hope he stays, but Kendall sold Lineker for various reasons, but one was because he was a bit one-dimensional and we were over reliant on him. It would be a gross over-simplification to compare Lineker in the 80's to Lukaku now, but the world doesn't necessarily end when one top class player leaves.

As I said, I hope he stays, because, apart from him being good for us, he'll be able to improve his overall game here without being quite so much in the spotlight as he might be elsewhere, but, if he goes, then so be it.

I love Rom and hope he stays, but Kendall sold Lineker for various reasons, but one was because he was a bit one-dimensional and we were over reliant on him. It would be a gross over-simplification to compare Lineker in the 80's to Lukaku now, but the world doesn't necessarily end when one top class player leaves.

As I said, I hope he stays, because, apart from him being good for us, he'll be able to improve his overall game here without being quite so much in the spotlight as he might be elsewhere, but, if he goes, then so be it.
I see what's going in here...not particularity your past but it's an example of it: people are beginning to put together reasons why it's not the end of the world if Likaku goes, or even more than that, it'll "In fact" be better.

Natural reaction I suppose. But wide of the mark. He is not the incomplete striker many are kidding themselves he is. He's going to be a massive miss.

He is definitely going in the summer. Might as well make ourselves feel better about it. Can't keep someone who doesn't want to be here.

I see what's going in here...not particularity your past but it's an example of it: people are beginning to put together reasons why it's not the end of the world if Likaku goes, or even more than that, it'll "In fact" be better.

Natural reaction I suppose. But wide of the mark. He is not the incomplete striker many are kidding themselves he is. He's going to be a massive miss.

Are you drunk David ?
I read that post in the style of a French policeman from Allo Allo FFS !

Rom has a few areas where he needs to improve to be the "perfect striker" ( if there's such a thing ). He'll doubtless be a big miss when / if he goes, but, personally, I think it would be good for him to stick around for another season. If he goes to Chelsea to replace Costa this summer, they're going to have to accept that they'll have to play to his strengths while his weaker areas improve, and I think that's too big a step for him right now, so I'm not sure that'd be good for him.

If he goes, then we'd have to change how we play as well, and we'd have to spend the money wisely. I think the better, and safer option ( for us ) is to keep him, but it's not 100% certain that it is the better option, it's probably closer to 80%.

Are you drunk David ?

Rom has a few areas where he needs to improve to be the "perfect striker" ( if there's such a thing ). He'll doubtless be a big miss when / if he goes, but, personally, I think it would be good for him to stick around for another season. If he goes to Chelsea to replace Costa this summer, they're going to have to accept that they'll have to play to his strengths while his weaker areas improve, and I think that's too big a step for him right now, so I'm not sure that'd be good for him.

If he goes, then we'd have to change how we play as well, and we'd have to spend the money wisely. I think the better, and safer option ( for us ) is to keep him, but it's not 100% certain that it is the better option, it's probably closer to 80%.
But doesn't say it only once.

Are you drunk David ?

I think the Dutchman is itching to get back to playing a more direct game with plenty of width and balls into the box for a big target man. I don't believe for a second he's that arsed about keeping Lukaku. He'd want to keep him ideally, but a different, more basic, type of striker will suit him more.

I think the Dutchman is itching to get back to playing a more direct game with plenty of width and balls into the box for a big target man. I don't believe for a second he's that arsed about keeping Lukaku. He'd want to keep him ideally, but a different, more basic, type of striker will suit him more.

Aye, there's likely some truth in that. As far as Koeman's concerned, Rom will have his price, and that price is likely less than some here would like it to be. It'd be nice to think we could build a team round Rom, but if he wants out this summer then, although we can hold him to his contract, I'm not a massive fan of keeping people somewhere against their will. Mainly, that scenario doesn't work out very well, because it takes a very unusual person to carry on performing when he actually wants to be elsewhere.

In our favour is that Rom seems to be a lot brighter than your stereotypical footballer, so he may well be able to see the bigger picture if we stick our heels in and only let him go for silly money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back