Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baz Dost linked as Lukaku's replacement?

Doesn't surprise me, tbh. Big lad to hit a pass upfield to.

Again. Thousands of footballers to choose from. I'd prefer we don't sign scum when we have a lot of other options.
Lol. You are going to have to get out of this he has to be a likeable fellow to play for Everton approach if this club is going to be successful again, it comes with the territory I'm afraid.

Lol. You are going to have to get out of this he has to be a likeable fellow to play for Everton approach if this club is going to be successful again, it comes with the territory I'm afraid.

Again. Why choose a scumbag when you have lots of options all over world football? There's a lot of levels between likeable and Vardy. I don't particularly see the the need to go full Vardy

Begovic is no upgrade on the two we have now.

Keep one of them (Joel, ideally) as back up. Get a better first choice one in.
Really? I disagree, he's not world class but he's better than average, he would walk into our number 1 position tomorrow. Hard and unfair to judge him on his Chelsea career as he's spent most of it on the bench but his last season with Stoke his goalkeeping stats weren't a kick in the ass off of Hugo Lloris' stats and Stoke are gash. Probably what got him his move. His attitude is questionable though considering he's happy to play second fiddle so easily but for his age he's technically coming into his prime, and we aren't going to get a world class keeper just yet, he's definitely better than what we have and I reckon could be got for under 10m, given his current market value is under 7m, which in today's market isn't bad for what we'd be getting. He would do us until we got to the 'next stage' and can attract a higher calibre of player. Whoever we get, imo, we need 2 keepers, Joel and Stekelenburg really aren't good enough. Both have cost us points so for me sell both and get Begovic and younger upcoming talent.

Tin Tin

I go back to the MOTD analysis they featured several phases of play where RL had opened the space but the decision making of Everton midfield players or indeed the attempt to play him in on goal was woeful.
One particular incident showed how he dragged Cahill out wide and had the simple ball been played to him Cahill had no option to either foul him or RL would have been in on goal.
Once RK sacrificed a midfielder to try and negate Hazard then it was only a matter of time till Davies and Barkleys in experience was exposed when that happened RL might just as well gone home for a cup of tea.
RL is being written off far too easy. People talk about challenging for the top four yet I personally have no doubt that without him the challenge to achieve that ,even with three or four additions , will be colossal.
As they say be careful what you wish for!

Don't be so rational! Stop using good arguments and facts.

Chelsea forward Diego Costa has signed a pre-contract with Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian ahead of his impending summer exit from Stamford Bridge, according to reports in Spain.

Spanish radio show El Larguero, which broadcasts on Cadena Ser, claim that Costa and agent Jorge Mendes were meeting with representatives of Tianjin recently to put pen to paper on the agreement - which would see the Spanish international earn a staggering €30m-a-year. Images emerged on social media of the meeting and did little to quash speculation at the time.

One eyewitness at the recent meeting between Costa, Mendes and the businessmen had said at the time: "I would say there were about 10 people at the table, four Asian men on one side and then Jorge Mendes on the other with his people and then Diego at the end.

"They were all drinking large magnum bottles of red wine, including Diego, and were eating lobster pasta. There were lots of toasts being made and then they had pictures with Diego. We left the restaurant around 10pm and they were still there enjoying their dinner."

The Brazilian-born forward is set to team up with the likes of Alexandre Pato and Belgium midfielder Axel Witsel at his potential new club, while Chelsea are looking at the likes of Alvaro Morata and Everton's Romelu Lukaku as players to replace him.

------------------------------

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...to-china/ar-BBAJ22y?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp

Chelsea forward Diego Costa has signed a pre-contract with Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian ahead of his impending summer exit from Stamford Bridge, according to reports in Spain.

Spanish radio show El Larguero, which broadcasts on Cadena Ser, claim that Costa and agent Jorge Mendes were meeting with representatives of Tianjin recently to put pen to paper on the agreement - which would see the Spanish international earn a staggering €30m-a-year. Images emerged on social media of the meeting and did little to quash speculation at the time.

One eyewitness at the recent meeting between Costa, Mendes and the businessmen had said at the time: "I would say there were about 10 people at the table, four Asian men on one side and then Jorge Mendes on the other with his people and then Diego at the end.

"They were all drinking large magnum bottles of red wine, including Diego, and were eating lobster pasta. There were lots of toasts being made and then they had pictures with Diego. We left the restaurant around 10pm and they were still there enjoying their dinner."

The Brazilian-born forward is set to team up with the likes of Alexandre Pato and Belgium midfielder Axel Witsel at his potential new club, while Chelsea are looking at the likes of Alvaro Morata and Everton's Romelu Lukaku as players to replace him.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...to-china/ar-BBAJ22y?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp

Makes me think of Stock Aitken and Waterman signing John Lennon that.

State of the game.

This is a joke right? Isn't he under contract? How can he sign a pre contract agreement with another team?

As was said earlier the 4/5 clubs that can afford Lukaku have other more polished CL ready targets.
The 100 m fee was designed to put the smaller clubs off and to make the bigger clubs concentrate on their first choice options.
Lukaku is not as good as he thinks
He will be here next season
Hopefully we get 5/6 players of sufficient quality to improve the team and him.
I don't think Koeman is too fussed if ROSS stays which is a pity.
I think he reckons he can get a better player for the 40 m or so ROSS would command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back