Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you consider the £50 million+ extra in TV revenue next season and the fact we'll be getting the wages of Mcgeady, Naismith and you would imagine Pienaar, Osman, Hibbert and possibly Barry at the minimum in the next year or so off the books we should be offering Rom a new deal and break the bank £120-150k a week and try keep him for another season or so. Likewise I would do the same for Barkley and Deloufeu although not as high a wages more £90-110k deals.

Would let Stones go however think we all know he is as good as gone.

When you consider the £50 million+ extra in TV revenue next season and the fact we'll be getting the wages of Mcgeady, Naismith and you would imagine Pienaar, Osman, Hibbert and possibly Barry at the minimum in the next year or so off the books we should be offering Rom a new deal and break the bank £120-150k a week and try keep him for another season or so. Likewise I would do the same for Barkley and Deloufeu although not as high a wages more £90-110k deals.

Would let Stones go however think we all know he is as good as gone.

Bloody good point that. Stones is ace and all that, finest I have seen for ages. But. His number one priority is stopping goals. (Which he is still learning). All the Cruyff turns and waltzing down the pitch are a bonus.

Roms goals are the vital part of his game. A lot easier to replace the stopper part of Stones game than Roms goals. We get serious cash for him, lob a bit at a decent CH, and the rest on supporting Rom.

Bloody good point that. Stones is ace and all that, finest I have seen for ages. But. His number one priority is stopping goals. (Which he is still learning). All the Cruyff turns and waltzing down the pitch are a bonus.

Roms goals are the vital part of his game. A lot easier to replace the stopper part of Stones game than Roms goals. We get serious cash for him, lob a bit at a decent CH, and the rest on supporting Rom.

The combined wages saved from Hibbert, Pienaar and osman alone must be around £100k and 2 of those have ready made replacements from the academy already (Browning and possibly Ledson). None of those would need replacing as the squad wouldn't miss them and that £100k could be given to our star players wages to convince them to sign new deals at the club.

We certainly wouldn't be able to replace Rom right now we equal quality I would rather keep hold of him for another season or so and hope the side develops and gets European football.

Lukaku did an interview, interesting that he say his agent gets on well with the manager.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/pr...irl-who?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Everton striker admits he was given some harsh words by the Italian but insists they were required in order to help him improve

Romelu Lukaku has revealed that he decided to switch agents to Mino Raiola after he was insulted by the Italian.

Lukaku, who joined Everton on a permanent deal from Chelsea in 2014, had been represented by Christophe Henrotay until he switched representatives in April.

And the Belgian striker admits that he was given some harsh home truths from Raiola, who also represents Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Paul Pogba and Mario Balotelli.

"Let me tell you something about Mino Raiola," Lukaku told the Daily Express.

"I signed here and when I was not in a good moment, he was the one who said the reality. He said stuff to me that no one would say to me. Mean things about me like, 'You play like a woman. You play like a girl who has never played the game sometimes.'

"Then he would take examples of Zlatan and Bergkamp and all those players: 'Oh, you want to aim for the top? Well you are not playing like a top player.'

"He said stuff that really hurt me and I have my pride. He told me at the end of the day it is all about goals.

"He said: 'Goals, goals, goals, goals. If you are a striker, you need to score goals and you need to be professional and do this and that.'

"What I am doing now, it is credit to him also. He picked my brain mentally because I was at a very low place at the time.

"When I am not doing well the phone is ringing and sometimes I don't want to hear it. But I am 22 now and I have to face the reality.

"He has a very good relationship with the manager as well. In pre-season, the manager, Mino and me had a conversation.

"I had to hear a few things about me in training and what I had to do and from then on it was like unleashing the beast: Go onto the pitch and show us what you can do."

I know, I know. But let's face it, he's off sooner rather than later.

We'd do well to keep hold of him in January, we'd be naive to expect him to still be here after the summer (provided he doesn't get a nasty injury...).

Even the most optimistic of Evertonian will recognise the lad will be looking at moving to a club with genuine ambitions to compete at the top. We've gone backwards as a club since he joined us on loan, and permanently.

Transfer window opens in a few days - but this one could rumble on for a while and I think it's worth it's own discussion.

Provided we secure a decent fee for Lukaku, who do you think we could bring in to best minimise the loss?

Ighalo.

It's not even pessimism to say he'll be gone in the summer - he will be and he'll go with our blessing; he's playing like one of the world's top strikers in a very unbalanced team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back