Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relegation once Lukaku is sold, that's where this team would be right now without his goals.

Martinez is being inflated to mid table mediority by one player, that's the scary thing.

I know, I know. But let's face it, he's off sooner rather than later.

We'd do well to keep hold of him in January, we'd be naive to expect him to still be here after the summer (provided he doesn't get a nasty injury...).

Even the most optimistic of Evertonian will recognise the lad will be looking at moving to a club with genuine ambitions to compete at the top. We've gone backwards as a club since he joined us on loan, and permanently.

Transfer window opens in a few days - but this one could rumble on for a while and I think it's worth it's own discussion.

Provided we secure a decent fee for Lukaku, who do you think we could bring in to best minimise the loss?

He's certain not going in January and I doubt he will go in the summer. I think he will do a minimum further season with us.

It's not mate. I actually started the thread this morning, just not got around to finishing it/posting.

Timely if anything, to help prompt some debate rather than just moans about the match.

You wrote this earlier? I know who I'm blaming for this loss then!

(Martinez)

In all seriousness, whoever we get in as Lukaku's replacement, he's not going to be anywhere near as good. Ighalo seems a similar player, maybe him?

When Rom leaves, i won't be mad at him, in fact i'll probably be a little bit happy for him, not as an Everton fan, but as a human being, he didn't do anything to have to play with this defense, he deserves a much better team and Roberto is not going to build that.

Hope you're right...

Only hope is a top side isn't prepared to spend the money we'd ask. Problem is if he demands a transfer early he'll go on the cheap, as he has us by the balls as we all know he's too good to play at this level that the team is currently at.

As you say, can't see him being an Everton player next season. Let's hope he leaves with 30+ goals and we scrap Europe off the back of him somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back