Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yankfootball1 posted a dislike for this! Me quoting three of the greats of Holland's national team in times past. What a clown!!! (n)

Give me another dislike for this post @Yankfootball1 lol

WchFfNy.gif

Just so we can build a profile of the striker we want to be able to replace Lukaku :

- must get 20 league goals a season
- must be able hold the ball up well and bring other players into the game
- must be passionate about Everton
- must run around A LOT
- must do lots of sprinting
- will need to be scoring at 1 goal every 2 games
- must be good at getting on end of crosses
- must be good at influencing a game even when the rest of the team is playing badly

Other than the "passionate about Everton" bit, why aren't Chelsea paying £100m for the player outlined above rather than Lukaku?

It seems he wants to go,we dont want to sell and no one really wants him lol
him carrying on via twitter he could easily say he was staying for year etc,or wanting to go in summer etc,he moans about the press,does he not care about what the fans want or think or how he treats us

I wish we would just start acting like a the club we want to be. Bench him, release a statement that he will be sold at the end of the season as he is surplus to requirements. Fed up with the melodrama thats been going on for ages now. Koeman said if you do not sign a contract then you will be sold, time for less talk more action he does not want to be here so sell him

The absolute state of this ted, crying because the media said he won't joint Chelsea.

Any chances of loyalty off the club that has paid you in excess of £10m
Been here four years and scored a shed load of goals. In the modern era do you think he owes us any more than that?

It seems he wants to go,we dont want to sell and no one really wants him lol
him carrying on via twitter he could easily say he was staying for year etc,or wanting to go in summer etc,he moans about the press,does he not care about what the fans want or think or how he treats us

That's it in a nutshell, and for reasons I've said ad nauseum at this point, it was always going to be the case.

Clubs have scouts whose job it is to see beyond the obvious and look at the player overall. Any scout worth his salt would report back on Lukaku and scoff at the fees being bandied about.

Been here four years and scored a shed load of goals. In the modern era do you think he owes us any more than that?

Yes, he's a paid employee, he owes respect to the club while on our books.

Be objective for a bit and put out of your mind that he's a Martinez signing, which is clearly skewing your view on this.

This is ridiculous.

He's manufactured the whole situation with his agent; to complain about it is ludicrous.

He hasn't manufactured a thing really?

The only thing he has actually done and said is that he wouldn't be signing a new contract.

That's it. That's the situation.

This is ridiculous.

He's manufactured the whole situation with his agent; to complain about it is ludicrous.

Spot on. If the stories the likes of the Echo ran from around the time he did the Kick it Out campaign day just after saying he wouldn't sign a new contract are correct, whilst he didn't make a public statement, he told those journos he was not signing and wanted to leave. Completely brought upon himself.

A man in a hole should put the spade down and stop digging.

You want reasons we didn't win the league in '86 look no further than Neville's season ending on a rugby pitch in Dublin in March.

Allied to a phenomenal run from Liverpool which saw them win their last ten games in a row or sommat like that.

What was most definitely not a reason was Gary Lineker being the spearpoint of a very potent attack force.

In any normal season his goals, added to the 57 goals every other regular outfield player including Kevin Ratcliffe scoring what I think was his only career goal, would have comfortably seen us over the line.

:)

Were you there at the time? Did you see the whole season? I was, and I did. And there was too great a reliance on one player, ultimately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back