Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be funny like if he does a Torres and literally just turns into a terrible footballer overnight when he moves clubs.
Could easily happen. His personality seems to be about me. I'm not sure he would cope with the price tag if he loses confidence.
I'd wish him well if he does go but I'm not sure a move now would suit him. I don't think his talent is in doubt, but his nature?

I posted this a while ago and i dont want to look like i'm jumping on the bandwagon of thinking lukaku is garbage now, but he never seems to score important goals

3 goals v sunderland - 3-0 win
1 v boro - 2nd goal in a 3-1 win
1 v palace 1-1 draw
1 v city - 1-1 draw
1 v west ham 2nd goal in a 2-0 win
2 v watford 3-2 defeat
1 v leicester 2nd goal in a 2-0 win
1 v saints 3rd goal in a 3-0 win
1 v man city 1st goal in a 4-0 win
4 v bournemouth in a 6-3 win
1 v sunderland - 2nd in a 2-0 win
1 v spurs in a 3-2 defeat
1 v wba, 3rd in a 3-0 win
2 v hull, 3rd & 4th in a 4-0 win
2 v leicester 2nd & 4th in a 4-2 win
1 v burnley, 3rd in a 3-1 win

How many of them goals have been result altering?
If you include an equaliser vrs leicester in the 4-2. i count 6
Alot of his goals come when we are already winning. Especially the 2's and 3s v sunderland, bournemouth, hull, burnley etc. Basicly most teams at home, he gets his total up

How do you know we wouldn't have ended up drawing or losing some of those games where he got the 2nd or 3rd goal?

You could argue that in the big games our midfield doesn't create as many chances, which is why he doesn't score as many goals in big games.

He scores for fun and all goals are important imo because they increase your lead and take the pressure off the rest of the team.

I don't think you can write off most of his goals as being unimportant as there's no way of knowing how those games would have played out if he didn't score. It's not like we haven't had previous for letting teams peg us back from commanding positions in the past. (Bournemouth)

I posted this a while ago and i dont want to look like i'm jumping on the bandwagon of thinking lukaku is garbage now, but he never seems to score important goals

3 goals v sunderland - 3-0 win
1 v boro - 2nd goal in a 3-1 win
1 v palace 1-1 draw
1 v city - 1-1 draw
1 v west ham 2nd goal in a 2-0 win
2 v watford 3-2 defeat
1 v leicester 2nd goal in a 2-0 win
1 v saints 3rd goal in a 3-0 win
1 v man city 1st goal in a 4-0 win
4 v bournemouth in a 6-3 win
1 v sunderland - 2nd in a 2-0 win
1 v spurs in a 3-2 defeat
1 v wba, 3rd in a 3-0 win
2 v hull, 3rd & 4th in a 4-0 win
2 v leicester 2nd & 4th in a 4-2 win
1 v burnley, 3rd in a 3-1 win

How many of them goals have been result altering?
If you include an equaliser vrs leicester in the 4-2. i count 6
Alot of his goals come when we are already winning. Especially the 2's and 3s v sunderland, bournemouth, hull, burnley etc. Basicly most teams at home, he gets his total up
That's bizarre logic that mate.

The 3 goals in a 3-0 win and 4 goals in a 6-3 win weren't important? The 2nd goal in a 2-0 or 3-1 win isn't important? ALL goals are important. If one of our other players had managed to step up to the plate away at Watford or Spurs, or at home to Palace, we could have 4 more points off the back of his goals and still be looking at finishing 5th. The fact that they didn't doesn't make his goals worth any less.

He's got his limitations and he's probably going to leave, but we don't need to pretend that he's anything other than the best striker we've had for 30 years, and one of the best of his generation.

It's all about Niasse getting a full pre-season under his belt and hitting the ground running upon his return. We'll barely notice that Lukaku has gone when the great Senegalese hope returns.

C-TI0l1W0AEDTBh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back