Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I think (and always thought) if Chelsea have any sense whatsoever they'll go for Morata instead anyway, or someone in that style. Replacing Costa with Lukaku would probably put them out of the title picture next season as they set up to play in a way that is the antithesis of Lukaku.
Well, we would probably change the way we play a bit if he came, Conte is not really stuck into a single way of playing, he adapts to the opposition

Vorm and Davies for Siggurdson.
My point is that they're rarer than rocking horse ****, yet they get touted (both on here and in the media) multiple times a day.

They are ridiculously complicated, almost to the point of being impossible to pull off, and even moreso when you're talking bout a HUGE deal like Lukaku would be. In fact I'd go so far as saying such a deal has only happened once (certainly in the recent era), that being Zlatan/Eto'o.

Lukaku will not be going anywhere in a swap deal.

My point is that they're rarer than rocking horse ****, yet they get touted (both on here and in the media) multiple times a day.

They are ridiculously complicated, almost to the point of being impossible to pull off, and even moreso when you're talking bout a HUGE deal like Lukaku would be. In fact I'd go so far as saying such a deal has only happened once (certainly in the recent era), that being Zlatan/Eto'o.

Lukaku will not be going anywhere in a swap deal.
Fair enough, you made a definitive statement, "Swaps deals don't happen". Just pointing out they do, although rare.

Fair enough, you made a definitive statement, "Swaps deals don't happen". Just pointing out they do, although rare.
It's my reflexive response when people go on about how we'll swap player X for player Y +£Zm.

They're so rare that they're not even worth contemplating.

Bit weird he tweets that the day the media claim he has doubts about Chelsea move. Yet says sod all last few weeks when he has been touted as wanting to go back at least 50 times by various outlets. It is so obvious IMO what he wants.

Who would be happy with selling rom for 100m
Then getting dolberg in for 25m and sandro in for 6m. Plus pribably one more as a valencia replacement

A
Latchford was the laziest striker I have seen in all my decades of watching Everton. He only came alive in and around the 6 yard box, getting that vital half-yard on opponents. At his prime with us, we did not have players of sufficient quality to augment his goal poaching, apart from Duncan McKenzie.
Agreed matey. Loved big Bob, imagine the fume on here if we had social media back then. Not 100% sure, but didnt he engineer a move Swansea?

Who would be happy with selling rom for 100m
Then getting dolberg in for 25m and sandro in for 6m. Plus pribably one more as a valencia replacement
Really depends what alternative we're measuring against.

Selling Rom and NOT getting them in?
or not selling Rom at all?
or not selling Rom and signing one or both of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back