Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Rom.

Thanks for the goals and memories.

Bag your self a brace or hatrick tonight and get yourself the golden boot.

Get Everton a decent wedge, £80m+, and I will bid you a fond farewell.

Will give you hell though if/when you come back with your new CL Team.

Ps, don't sign for the RS.

King Regards

Bully.

I still have doubts whether a club will meet our valuation (£80m plus?). I can see the likes of Chelsea trying their hand but we'll make them pay what we want, its whether other clubs really value him that highly.

weird thought, instead of keeping Lukaku showing that we have ambition etc - is the fact we will take a 30-40m pound hit on his price by keeping him an additional season a sign of desperation in many ways, an open admission that we know we are unable to recruit players of the quality to come close to replacing him?

It will be portrayed by the club as showing we have the ambition to push whilst he is here for the top 4, in reality is it more of - we are keeping him for another season because without him we could easily drop a million miles away from the group above?

Something to ponder

Yep all engineered by raiola
Screw you, Everton.
163821494-87ccaa77-d20d-4c2f-b392-6b46e4d7b110.jpg

What if Raiola has a clause similar to pogbas in Lukakus contract.?

50% of profit made on sell on...

No wonder Raiola was applying pressure for him to sign saying it was 99.999% done. Probably wanted him to sign a dodgy new deal with a massive wedge in store for him.

weird thought, instead of keeping Lukaku showing that we have ambition etc - is the fact we will take a 30-40m pound hit on his price by keeping him an additional season a sign of desperation in many ways, an open admission that we know we are unable to recruit players of the quality to come close to replacing him?

It will be portrayed by the club as showing we have the ambition to push whilst he is here for the top 4, in reality is it more of - we are keeping him for another season because without him we could easily drop a million miles away from the group above?

Something to ponder
I think that from a PR standpoint, it would look pretty bad to have sold Stones, Deulofeu (assuming he goes), Barkley and Lukaku within 12 months; but then at the same time, we've all been crying out for the business side of the club to improve, and from that perspective it would be daft not to sell Lukaku while his stock is at its highest - especially when he's been so clear in his intent not to sign a new contract.

From all of Koeman's comments I really do think he's saying. he's told Rom he's not going to another PL team until after next season. And Rom can help us achieve what he wants - CL footie. and win things. And at Everton you'll be a god if you bring this to us. He's still young and can chase trophies after next year if it doesn't work out. He's clearly first on the team sheet here, there's no reason to leave yet, I can help you get better so you can truly go to Madrid/Barca, whatever, etc, etc. And RonKoe never says Rom is a foot out the door, if anything he reiterates that Rom is still very much invested in the current team and how we do and is a hard worker and a pleasure to be around.

I don't know, just reading between all the lines, I think it's a better than 50/50 chance he's still here after the window closes

He is doing everything he needs to be doing. Once we get a proper RB or winger, he can stay a little more central, but his movement has been excellent in his past 90 minutes of football. Hopefully he keeps it going in the 2nd half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back