Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up play and touch was excellent. Slotted twice, both brilliant finishes. Made full backs wet themselves with deep runs.

And some of you don't rate him. Grim reading here sometimes.

Thats a good point.

But i put more value in him scoring against West Brom than i do Wolfsburg simply because we will play WBA twice this season, and twice next season and so on whereas we are unlikely to play Wolfsburg again for some time.

I'd rather he scored just 1 a game in cups to win us those games and an extra 10 goals in the league than scored 3-4 in cup games to smash some lower league team but only the odd 1 or 2 in the league in games we lost.

Some goals are more important than others. But that doesn't mean some goals don't count or are worthless.

Of course a goal he scores to give us a 1-0 win is more important than the 4th goal in a 4-0 win, but a goal's a goal and shouldn't detract from his record.

Ok mate lets leave out cup goals.

In his three seasons in the Premier League he's scored 44 goals in 83 appearances. He's scored at least one goal against all the best teams in the league. He's 22 years of age.

Sorry what's your point again?

That those league goals against the best teams in the league are more important to his club and more an indicator of his ability than goals in cup games against lower league teams.

Quite straightforward i'd have thought.

TBF mate I responded to you earlier you never got back so why you picking me up on this, does that mean you agreed with my reply to you?

He can be what it seems many think he is, I'm saying it isn't regular enough I also pointed out to you the other day that a quarter of his goals last term came in 180 mins V young boys and if you were researching his stats that would look like an a anomaly. Like a golf handicap, if I shot 18 rounds in the 90's and one in the 70's, the one in the 70's wouldn't em affect my handicap too much.

If Lukaku plays well and scores a similar amount to last season with a bigger concentration in the league. Then everyone is a winner.
No mate I'm just picking and choosing which posts I respond to much like some people view Lukaku's goals lol

Mate seriously, I get about 30 notifications in one go at any one time, so forgive me if I miss the odd one.

Like you say, we're all blues and we want a good scoring return, preferably in the league. But all I'm saying is, I don't think we should differentiate who those goals come against or in what competition - if Everton enter a competition, then I want us to win and that means counting the goals of our striker.

Yes I'd like him to score more in the league, but wouldn't we all like a cup at least? Of course we would, so for me I'm happy to see him score in cups.

I wonder if Benteke replicates Lukaku's exact record from last season. Will he be seen as a success? Or by Us A good signing

Of course a goal he scores to give us a 1-0 win is more important than the 4th goal in a 4-0 win, but a goal's a goal and shouldn't detract from his record.

And i'm not taking it away from his record.

Some might be, but i'm not.

Like you just agreed, some goals are more important than others, it's quite simple concept.

I wonder if Benteke replicates Lukaku's exact record from last season. Will he be seen as a success? Or by Us A good signing

If he scores ten in europe i'd say he would be seen pisitvely as a signing mate actually, plus ten in the league would have had him top scorer for them last season as well i think

And i'm not taking it away from his record.

Some might be, but i'm not.

Like you just agreed, some goals are more important than others, it's quite simple concept.

You're not the one I'm disagreeing with mate ;)

But then some have said they'd rather score goals from open play than a penalty. What if he scores a penalty (or a free kick for that matter) to give us a 1-0 win? Where does that lie on the importance/good goal spectrum.

Lukaku was the first player since Yakubu to score 20 goals in a season for us (despite Yakubu scoring in Europe, but I'm all for counting them as goals). Before that, the last player to score 20 goals in a season for us was Peter Beardsley.

Lukaku is the third player in 24/25 years who can and will score goals for fun for Everton. Lets be happy we have him eh?
but he's lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back