Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He clearly had issues last season and was still an effective goal scorer.

It's understandable but futile for some people on here to defend their outrageous criticism of him last season. You were wrong.

Anyone with eyes in their head can see his qualities.

My only regret in moving ST seats from last season is that I now can't abuse the two racist melts who were sat behind me who gave Lukaku dogs abuse all of last year

Reactions: Gil

You're not the one I'm disagreeing with mate ;)

But then some have said they'd rather score goals from open play than a penalty. What if he scores a penalty (or a free kick for that matter) to give us a 1-0 win? Where does that lie on the importance/good goal spectrum.

It's different things.

A gaol from open play or a pen to win a match are equally as important.

A striker who scores more goals from open play than one who scores mainly penalties is generally going to be a better player, thus you can place more importance in deciding which player to sign on the types of goals a striker scores (and against who).

It's different things.

A gaol from open play or a pen to win a match are equally as important.

A striker who scores more goals from open play than one who scores mainly penalties is generally going to be a better player, thus you can place more importance in deciding which player to sign on the types of goals a striker scores (and against who).
So Duncan Ferguson was your favourite striker ever then?

The lad was an utter beast yesterday.
Ball to feet, good touches and hold up.
Turned several times with the ball shrugging off players and created two opportunities that could have led to goals, firstly for himself where he gained that foul outside the box and then for Ross's miss.
Good layoff for Ross's goal.
Great energy,power and finishing for the goals.

He's a boss slotter lads and the best striker we've had for yonks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back