Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
RM knew that this season the team had to do well as much as anything to derive the maximum return from Lukaku before his ambitious agent does the big move.

In order to do well RM had to eliminate weaknesses from the team. And yet he continues to pick Howard.

Lukaku's second goal was pure Van Basten. Stoke's third goal was pure Mr. Pastry.

I've never felt as resigned to losing Rom as I do right now. The sad thing is that I totally wouldn't blame him. Hated the idea we were just a shop window for him, but now it feels like it would be a travesty if we were to hold him back. I'd wish him well for the future though.

He could genuinely play for one of the best in the world. Could easily see him at Real Madrid, or one of the Italian or German sides. Don't think he'd fit in at Barcelona or Bayern though.

Real Madrid or PSG would be my guess. Don't think anyone else would pay what we would want for him.

I've never felt as resigned to losing Rom as I do right now. The sad thing is that I totally wouldn't blame him. Hated the idea we were just a shop window for him, but now it feels like it would be a travesty if we were to hold him back. I'd wish him well for the future though.
good post that sums my feeling up as well

There's no reason for him to move in the summer. He's playing the best football of his life in a team that is perfectly set up for him and is now playing totally to his strengths. He knows that he is the conductor of the Everton orchestra. He also recognises he is universally adored by all associated by Everton.

Contrast that with his experience at Chelsea and it's a night and day contrast.

Sure we have to tighten up at the back, but we're not out of the chase for Europe, we're certainly not out of the domestic cup competitions and there's the real prospect of new owners and significant investment.

I am convinced he will give us at least one more year from the summer.

There's no reason for him to move in the summer. He's playing the best football of his life in a team that is perfectly set up for him and is now playing totally to his strengths. He knows that he is the conductor of the Everton orchestra. He also recognises he is universally adored by all associated by Everton.

Sure we have to tighten up at the back, but we're not out of the chase for Europe, we're certainly not out of the domestic cup competitions and there's the real prospect of new owners and significant investment.

Sadly there is a reason for him to move on mate. It's the Champions League. A team like PSG would love him and he'd make a massive difference to them. Then there's agents. I'm led to beleive Rom's agent is a bit of a shark. Would be unwise to think he won't be lauding the top scorer for top dollar around Europe's biggest teams.

Not saying your points aren't true too. They very much are and give hope that he might stay.

But there are definitely reasons he could go.

Sadly there is a reason for him to move on mate. It's the Champions League. A team like PSG would love him and he'd make a massive difference to them. Then there's agents. I'm led to beleive Rom's agent is a bit of a shark. Would be unwise to think he won't be lauding the top scorer for top dollar around Europe's biggest teams.

Not saying your points aren't true too. They very much are and give hope that he might stay.

But there are definitely reasons he could go.

Well I'm a tough ass when it comes to protecting assets and if I was at Everton I would not concede a single reason for him to go.

We've taken him from being a Chelsea outcast to one of the best goalscorers in European football. Sure he has always had the talent but we've given him the platform to prove it. Lukaku is very big on integrity and that will not be lost on him.

We are a team in enormous transition. We get some semblance of normality to our defending and we're contenders. That and the prospect of new owners gives us at least one more season for him to fulfil his ambitions at Everton.

Well I'm a tough ass when it comes to protecting assets and if I was at Everton I would not concede a single reason for him to go.

We've taken him from being a Chelsea outcast to one of the best goalscorers in European football. Sure he has always had the talent but we've given him the platform to prove it. Lukaku is very big on integrity and that will not be lost on him.

We are a team in enormous transition. We get some semblance of normality to our defending and we're contenders. That and the prospect of new owners gives us at least one more season for him to fulfil his ambitions at Everton.

I wish you worked for Everton mate.

I wish I shared your optimism. His post match yesterday wasn't good. Reading between the lines he was saying that he felt the defence wasn't up to it right now - inclined to agree, not many in here at the moment who wouldn't ! A young man with ambition and obvious talent wants to win trophies and lets be honest notwithstanding a Hurculean effort the second half of the season we aren't gonna get top 4 - a cup double might keep him here slightly longer.

His agent doesn't want him here.

He'll be gone in the summer...maybe even Jan if United or City want to pony up stupid money being that they're struggling for strikers.

His agent doesn't want him here.

He'll be gone in the summer...maybe even Jan if United or City want to pony up stupid money being that they're struggling for strikers.

Disagree for the reasons quoted and we're also moving into a period where the power of the agent is not what it was. One of the consequences of the latest uplift in revenues is that the clubs have recovered some of the ground they previously ceded to agents.

Lukaku will still be an Everton player in 2016/17 in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back