Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally different situation. Sterling is a different character and he was at a terribly unsettled club in Liverpool.

We remain strong we keep him.

No, his agent had no respect for Rodgers and didn't rate him, therefore instigated a move for his "best interests".

I no doubt feel the same thing will happen to Lukaku.

We haven't jerked around Lukaku the way Sterling was jerked around; I don't think it's the same situation at all. We've built a side around getting Lukaku scoring chances. Rodgers had Sterling playing at wingback. Big difference.

60m easily.

Wouldn't trust Martinez with it, though. Rather give said riches to a new manager. Tell him to clear out all the shyte from our squad and give us a complete re-vamp.

It's going to be a sad day when he leaves and if we don't pick up, I fear he will be gone this summer. The likes of Utd are crying out for a frontman, arguably so are Chelsea. It's one instance when the money might not be able to replace the player.

*cries

Someone please convince me that he'll be here for another season as it's really upsetting me knowing we'll lose him if this underachievement carries on. What a player.

It's going to be a sad day when he leaves and if we don't pick up, I fear he will be gone this summer. The likes of Utd are crying out for a frontman, arguably so are Chelsea. It's one instance when the money might not be able to replace the player.

*cries
Of course he's gone this summer; he's head and shoulders above every single striker in the entire league - the so-called best league in the world - and is younger than nearly all of them too. Without his goals we'd be in the relegation zone / just ahead of it without a doubt, so let's just be happy we have him now. It's a disgrace that he's single-handedly banging them in for fun while, at the other end, we are a complete shambles - and that with a 40m-rated centre back and a new Argentine international who we supposedly paid 10m for, with the 'best' (I do think Seamus is the best RB like) full back pairing in the league. Even with Howard's stupid, pathetic, unfathomable mistakes we should still be winning games, so something absolutely stinks in terms of the entire defensive unit. I bet you if we had the relative no-mark Shawcross in there alongside Stones we'd be about sixteen times better than we currently are, or even that ugly get Skrtel, injured or not, or even Robert effing Huth. It's diabolical what's going on back there.

So yeah, Lukaku is gone in the summer, and not one single fan can argue that he needs to show more loyalty or should stay. He's miles, miles better than Everton FC and everybody knows it. Seeing as we paid close to 30m and more or less revived his career in the Premier League, and he has improved a lot during his time with us, and is still very young and has close to a decade left to reach and play at his prime, we have to be looking for megabucks from any team who wants him. Sterling is a midfielder and went for 50m, same for De Bruyne. Strikers go for much more, so let the bidding start at 60/70m and see how it goes. I genuinely see no reason at all why he cannot go for close to a world record fee for a British team. How much was Bale, 80m? Lukaku is easily on that level.

Gutted to see him leave when he does, but I hope it coincides with a new boss coming in who knows how to deal with having money to spend and can attract some decent players who can actually play together and get results.

Someone please convince me that he'll be here for another season as it's really upsetting me knowing we'll lose him if this underachievement carries on. What a player.

Here you go:

There's no reason for him to move in the summer. He's playing the best football of his life in a team that is perfectly set up for him and is now playing totally to his strengths. He knows that he is the conductor of the Everton orchestra. He also recognises he is universally adored by all associated by Everton.

Contrast that with his experience at Chelsea and it's a night and day contrast.

Sure we have to tighten up at the back, but we're not out of the chase for Europe, we're certainly not out of the domestic cup competitions and there's the real prospect of new owners and significant investment.

I am convinced he will give us at least one more year from the summer.

Well I'm a tough ass when it comes to protecting assets and if I was at Everton I would not concede a single reason for him to go.

We've taken him from being a Chelsea outcast to one of the best goalscorers in European football. Sure he has always had the talent but we've given him the platform to prove it. Lukaku is very big on integrity and that will not be lost on him.

We are a team in enormous transition. We get some semblance of normality to our defending and we're contenders. That and the prospect of new owners gives us at least one more season for him to fulfil his ambitions at Everton.

Disagree for the reasons quoted and we're also moving into a period where the power of the agent is not what it was. One of the consequences of the latest uplift in revenues is that the clubs have recovered some of the ground they previously ceded to agents.

Lukaku will still be an Everton player in 2016/17 in my opinion.

If, God forbid, there's no takeover or if the new owners are carpet baggers, he'll be gone in my view. Cannot think of a single, compelling reason why he would stay under the current circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back