Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, he'd be well advised to consider whether or not his next team would be willing to set up with the sole purpose of getting him on the score sheet, as appears to the case at Everton this season (Kone seems to be under orders to give the ball to him as soon as he gets it).

I think so too. the way Everton plays in his servitude is perfect for him, it's also a matter to be a bit patient to play on him until the right moment, rather than him being much invoved with build up play he's better of being at the very end of an attack at this moment.

He's visibly improving his play here, plays a lot of games where he can learn from and become a better overall striker. Rom certaintly doesn't lack in the beast department, in time he could improve on his technical abbilety's here aswell which seems to be what he's doing here, and this is a place where he will be given that time for it. Afcourse he could learn at other big teams too but that depends a lot if they will want to play him and be patient with his weaker parts.

Wouldn't mind seeing him for another year at Everton really.

Last edited:
Another year?

Just one? I fear for us without his goals at the moment. I want him signed up for life and tied to the goalposts at Finch Farm, away from his agent.

Worthwhile sentiments but the lad has talked of playing on the greater stage can we give him that to entice him to stay? Don't know about his agent but crikey keep Drogba away.

Another year?

Just one? I fear for us without his goals at the moment. I want him signed up for life and tied to the goalposts at Finch Farm, away from his agent.

Hehehe.

Well, i hope it's not a problem for me to say this, but i'm not a Everton fan, i'm a belgian fan and a fan of Rom. No disrespect to Everton though, you guys have done well for Belgians, obvious in Rom's case and i remember Fellaini had some great time under Martinez here aswell.

What i wanted to convey was that, considering it as a Belgian with primarily Rom's interrests at heart and perhaps who can be seen as a more neutral reference, that i think he should consider staying another year here aswell and use this as a training ground to further improve and become a more complete striker. And when you sell i hope you guys get big money for him it's kinda deserving.

Just received his in-form card on Fifa. Means he joins Barkley, Naismith, Kone and Mori on the in-form Everton players.

He is a beast, but fifa really are wild with their stats. Costa 90 physical and lukaku with just 84... even shane longs is higher! wtf.

Oh and Kane is rated better than Lu. Not sure about that.

Love you Rom x

edit: for anyone who cares to see it,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 18.18.31.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 18.18.31.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 108
And to think loads of Evertonians wanted Bony and called Lukaku lazy hahahaha
Yes but - and this no criticism of Lukaku per se - there are very few teams in the world at this level who play suicidal/kamikaze football where everyone appears to be under direct instructions to feed the main striker on a plate.

Yes but - and this no criticism of Lukaku per se - there are very few teams in the world at this level who play suicidal/kamikaze football where everyone appears to be under direct instructions to feed the main striker on a plate.

funny.. cos last season people were moaning about us playing two defensive mids, you can have constructive criticism of our defence, but we aren't playin 'kamikaze' football

It's not kamikaze football. We're just playing kids at the back.

It's not kamikaze football. We're just playing kids at the back.
Disagree. What I saw on Monday was completely mental - everyone constantly bombing on. In another thread someone mentioned that Martinez may prefer more 'traditional' full backs a la hibbert/browning as opposed to Coleman/Baines and if so in his defence that might actually resolve some of the imbalances.

And to think loads of Evertonians wanted Bony and called Lukaku lazy hahahaha

Oh Kev, my sweet beautiful Kev, what have you done?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/lukaku.67134/page-604#post-3110532

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back