Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit he's a striker with a lot of strengths which until this season I hadn't seen on any consistent basis - like almost everyone in fact.

My point is whether he would bang them in so freely at another side not set up the way we are and if in fact if we do tighten up whether or not it would affect his form.

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2009–2011
Anderlecht 73 (33)
2011–2014 Chelsea 10 (0)
2012–2013West Bromwich Albion (loan) 35 (17)
2013–2014Everton (loan) 31 (15)
2014– Everton 55 (25)

So other than his 10 games at chelsea, he consistently scores about 1 in every 2 games.

Kev, kev, kev! You're making Peter Pan Hullefc look like, well, he knows something about football!

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2009–2011
Anderlecht 73 (33)
2011–2014 Chelsea 10 (0)
2012–2013West Bromwich Albion (loan) 35 (17)
2013–2014Everton (loan) 31 (15)
2014– Everton 55 (25)

So other than his 10 games at chelsea, he consistently scores about 1 in every 2 games.

Kev, kev, kev! You're making Peter Pan Hullefc look like, well, he knows something about football!
Ok well he scored 20 last season but was a bit up and down with his overall performances for me. This season he looks ace no doubt about it.

My point is whether he would bang them in so freely at another side not set up the way we are and if in fact if we do tighten up whether or not it would affect his form.

I don't see how he'd be affected by our defence remembering that they are professional footballers. Your story isn't adding up Kev, and I don't think I'm the only one to see it.

I don't see how he'd be affected by our defence remembering that they are professional footballers. Your story isn't adding up Kev, and I don't think I'm the only one to see it.
Well let's hope my story is wrong and that if we ever do shore up the defence then he continues at a goal a game

18 goals by new year. Still in two cup competitions. 30 definitely not out of the question.

THIRTY GOALS FROM AN EVERTON PLAYER???? Never thought I'd see the day.
h_00350796.jpg

If you know your history....

I'll admit he's a striker with a lot of strengths which until this season I hadn't seen on any consistent basis - like almost everyone in fact.

The way we are set up ( which is pretty crap Kev as I've stated time and time again ) unfortunately can't take loads of credit for this kids goalscoring prowess.

A strikers job is to score goals we can agree on yeah? So if we go back and look at some of the goals, the way we play gung ho togger you and I would think that every goal should be a tap in but it's not the case so we aren't actually set up in a way that sitter after sitter is laid on. It's just we've got the ball to him a little quicker courtesy of some Spanish kid in the main.

Stoke :

Goal 1 - nice move in fact, superb 2 touch finish
Goal 2 - 40 yard ball, great chest control and finish

Leicester -

In the right place at the right time to snap up a rebound

Norwich - great header from a Del cross

Palace - right place at the right time after single handedly trying to destroy the woodwork all game

I could go on and on mate. He's gobbling up chances, still misses the odd few and also makes a bucket load of chances himself.

No one and I mean no one can question that this season we are seeing the best striker in an Everton shirt since the days of winning titles. He makes Yakubus contribution look on a par with Brett Angel.

He's in beast mode and for me personally has been one of the few shining lights during our Brazil like togger as we snatch defeats from wins and draws from victories.

Get on board the Rom train Kev because the train going the other way has Tim Howard in goal and that's for another thread.

I really hope we sell him abroad when he inevitably does leave. And for 50m plus too. It's the loss of him that's making me so frustrated and angry towards martinez.

He's a goner I reckon mate, enjoy him while we can, I think he's getting increasingly frustrated with us as time goes by, his agent is a Ted and he's brilliant all those signs don't bode well for us.

The way we are set up ( which is pretty crap Kev as I've stated time and time again ) unfortunately can't take loads of credit for this kids goalscoring prowess.

A strikers job is to score goals we can agree on yeah? So if we go back and look at some of the goals, the way we play gung ho togger you and I would think that every goal should be a tap in but it's not the case so we aren't actually set up in a way that sitter after sitter is laid on. It's just we've got the ball to him a little quicker courtesy of some Spanish kid in the main.

Stoke :

Goal 1 - nice move in fact, superb 2 touch finish
Goal 2 - 40 yard ball, great chest control and finish

Leicester -

In the right place at the right time to snap up a rebound

Norwich - great header from a Del cross

Palace - right place at the right time after single handedly trying to destroy the woodwork all game

I could go on and on mate. He's gobbling up chances, still misses the odd few and also makes a bucket load of chances himself.

No one and I mean no one can question that this season we are seeing the best striker in an Everton shirt since the days of winning titles. He makes Yakubus contribution look on a par with Brett Angel.

He's in beast mode and for me personally has been one of the few shining lights during our Brazil like togger as we snatch defeats from wins and draws from victories.

Get on board the Rom train Kev because the train going the other way has Tim Howard in goal and that's for another thread.

When's the next book out, Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back