Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was a direct quote from him so irrelevant where it was published.

Everton's Romelu Lukaku has decided where he wants to play next season.

The 24-year-old striker, who scored 25 Premier League goals last season, turned down the most lucrative contract offer in Everton's history in March.

"I don't want to stay at the same level. I want to improve and I know where I want to do that," Belgian Lukaku said on Monday.

"We are now talking to the club. I know what's happening, but I will leave the talks to my agent."

Chelsea, Manchester United and Bayern Munich have been linked with a move for Lukaku, who has been at Everton since 2013.

"I know what's happening, but I can't tell you anything more," he added to journalists after Belgium beat the Czech Republic in a friendly in Brussels.

"What I would like most is to play in the Champions League and try to win the Premier League once. Or better - a few times."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40170131

This is Rom's quote for anyone who hasn't seen it:

He said: "To stay at Everton is not really an option for next season. I remain calm, serene compared to what is being said.

"A return to Chelsea? No comment. There is nothing concrete with a club at the moment, my agent is busy talking."

"I will not make big statements about my future I know where I want to play; in a club which is playing in the Champions League and can win titles in England.

"I think England is a league that suits me well because I already know the style of play."

--------

Pretty obvious where he wants to go.

Like this :

First touch of an elephant.

It is quite funny, though! £70 million, my arse!

Tender touch of a rapist..what's amazing is he takes that half heavy touch half first touch pass over and over in the same area of the pitch. You would think he would learn

What's amazing is the lazy f**ker hardly ever tries to chase his sh*t first touch down

Love Rom as a fellow Belgian but he is not a lead striker because he is a poor target man. Benteke and Batshuayi are far superior target men and Batshuayi is the best of the three in playing with his back to goal.
Rom is great in space, but he struggles again packed defenses.
It would be nice to have a technical 9 but they are so few and far in between and I don't think any are on the market.
Belotti is a less petulant version of Costa but we don't know how well he'd transition to the PL.

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/29509-romelu-lukaku/?page=74

Lol.

He wants to go back and they don't really want him.

He's gonna have to hit the ground running or it could go wrong for him very quickly.

He's a right tit with those quotes tbh. Couldn't hack it if one of our lads were giving it the big one. The video I've just seen on Twitter is even worse with the wink and smirk. Get rid, Everton will be better off without anyway.

It makes Everton a much more desirable destination for a striker anyway if they know Lukaku is leaving and they are going to be first choice.

link the wink!

Him and his agent have seen our project for what it is, the 99% thing was hanging over jan while they give him a second chance of redemption. We ended up buying a league one kid and haggling over 2m for morgan.
I think it's easy to be negative, so I try not to be, I try to be objective and positive if I can about the club but that quote is telling. I think when Bill K etc are negotiating we're going to have situations where we're haggling over 2m and it's just stupid, if true, it makes us look like rookies and a laughing stock. If Moshiri is serious then he needs to hire a serious negotiating team who get things done, give them a budget and send them on their way. I think January is an unfair window to judge by and Morgan was a good buy, had we not had the injuries etc we might have finished higher also so maybe Koeman felt the team was ok to achieve Europa (which he did). Last summer was worrying however I can understand why players weren't keen. This window will be telling and show where we're at with this new ownership. Rom is off and I hope that every penny from that transfer is reinvested.

Say whatever you want about his "ambitions", not sure why he feels the need to keep running his mouth and being disrespectful to the club. If you want to know why he's not loved, well, this stuff is why.
Yeah he made a mess again. Not going to be the sexy goodbye we were looking for unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back