Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't United bid for both Baines and Coleman?! I think they did

Low ballin'

Once we said we want "x" they didn't come back thinking they weren't worth it. Baines had Bayern sniffing, Jags Arsenal, at one point. Both didn't pursue after hearing the asking price.

Moyes wanted Baines and Fellaini at United both for £30mill. We wanted £30mill each. They only paid for Fellaini.

Knew I'd get that.

I could be wide of the mark but watching England U20's and his goal against city excited me.

I'm a bit biased but I much prefer lightning fast strikers with a bit of skill.

Lookman's a winger / wide forward mate

He's also a bloody midget and certainly couldn't lead the line for us in the coming years

...and getting us a record breaking season and to the latter stages of cup competitions.

He'll be doing that elsewhere now while Koeman spends cash on utter tat.
No records were broken that season mate, in case you are not aware there was football before 1991. I like Lukaku for his goals, but as a footballer he's so far behind our previous greats as to be out of sight IMHO.

Thank you Romelu. Thanks for all your goals. Thanks for all your assists. Thanks for your service. Thanks for the greatest ever injection of squad investment in the club's history. Thank goodness to you and John Stones else we'd have no cash to spend in the last two summers.

Get this guy his 'most agenda driven comment of the day' award.

They hounded him for missing a penalty in some minor competition didn't they?
It will always be a problem for a player going back to a former club. Mistakes from the past will be remembered more clearly than any goals scored.
Chelsea have just won the league and it is a huge task to win it back to back. I am not sure anybody believes they can win the CL and if Chelsea have a season where they do not win anything scapegoats will have to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back