Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I can't stand him, such a sell out.

The 'team sheet' for the SportsPesa promotion match (not the same one @Adam-GOTTV was on btw) is particularly damning of theblueroom / toffeetv 'independence' from club oversight.

Oh, and Greg O'Keefe also took a freebie. Which of course is totally appropriate.

I thought we was getting this great CB turns out I couldn't be further from the truth.

He can't defend anything but the 6 yard line, he can't be a defender in an aggressive pressing team.

Mori isn't great but at least he's more suited to our style

Mori is 1 utter carthorse, I posted the stats the other day, he won 50% of his tackles, a CB winning 50% of his tackles?

What even is he.

Williams is a stopper, age got to him, the Euros must have taken most of what he had left, hes defo not amazingly bad, but as you eluded, theres tankers in the Ocean which turn quicker. But if we put somebody faster and more agile alongside him, he could do a job, regardless, we need 2 new CBs for sure.

Surprised Everton haven't hit back today.

I'm sure last time Rom caused a stir about something we had Moshiri announce a statement later that afternoon

The 'team sheet' for the SportsPesa promotion match (not the same one @Adam-GOTTV was on btw) is particularly damning of theblueroom / toffeetv 'independence' from club oversight.

Oh, and Greg O'Keefe also took a freebie. Which of course is totally appropriate.

Doesn't surprise me, him and Ped sold out so they could get exclusives and get to rub shoulders with all sorts.

They're even worse than O'Keefe for me they're meant to be game going blues who now toe the party line and don't even get paid.

Lets just split the difference and agree that we have a pathetic defence?

All of them and the GK bar Coleman need to go.
We're obviously going to find it really difficult to replace Lukaku, therefore, more importantly for me is to rebuild our very average defence with quality.

Players come and players go. Who knows, we may have already had the best days of Lukaku. He has always been open about wanting to play Champions league. I don't begrudge him, a footballers career is short. What I want to see come August is a plan to take us forward. Walsh and Koeman know how to source players, I'm sure we'll be fine. I don't want to go through a season with players (Lukaku and Barlley) in the squad who don't want to be here. It's destructive. However it will be a different situation once Bramley Moore is up and running.
For some reason our club is best when the chips are down. When we think the worst, the best happens. Remember Rooney leaving and Cahill arriving.
Don't be down. The club is bigger than any individual, and always will be.
COYB.

What was this mate?

The one Adam managed to get on was via an agency representing William Hill. Well and truly in via the back door, GOT style. *waits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back