Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who didn't see it, I posted on the Stoke match thread that Steve Nicol dissed Rom on ESPN last week and was ridiculed by
the rest of the panel. He had the chance to change his mind last night when he named who he thought were the five best strikers in the prem'.
He didn't pick him and when challenged he said that none of the big clubs have tried to get him and that being at Everton was his level.
He went on to say that he wouldn't score that many goals at a big club.

You don't work on aspects of your game that needs improving, controlling the ball, and become a better player because of it and striker and knocking in goals and clubs wont come knocking at the door. Even if we did get Champions League and won a trophy. Lukaku's price goes up with every goal. We will get offered £50 mill for him as the starting bid.

You don't work on aspects of your game that needs improving, controlling the ball, and become a better player because of it and striker and knocking in goals and clubs wont come knocking at the door. Even if we did get Champions League and won a trophy. Lukaku's price goes up with every goal. We will get offered £50 mill for him as the starting bid.

Well look at all those folk going on about vardy and rumpur has it Chelsea are interested. Vardy is 29 our Rom is only 22, who would anyone prefer to have in their team?

Well look at all those folk going on about vardy and rumpur has it Chelsea are interested. Vardy is 29 our Rom is only 22, who would anyone prefer to have in their team?

Rom all day long. What has impressed me about him is his determination to improve his game. I was sceptical whether he could improve his control. Well he's kicked me right in the goolies. I'm well impressed. Sounds mean spirited but I hope he works on his heading to the same degree he worked on his control. Working with Ferguson will help. He is an absolute delight to watch at the moment.

For those who didn't see it, I posted on the Stoke match thread that Steve Nicol dissed Rom on ESPN last week and was ridiculed by
the rest of the panel. He had the chance to change his mind last night when he named who he thought were the five best strikers in the prem'.
He didn't pick him and when challenged he said that none of the big clubs have tried to get him and that being at Everton was his level.
Pure bitterness from a Kopite, who'd have thought it....

Adds Steve Nicol to the list of clueless Kopite media pundits

Liverpool fans are bound to be unhappy about the fact he's out-scoring Benteke at the moment. They don't like Everton having anything.

I've had plenty to say when it comes to Lukaku's ability to play for an elite team, but even I wouldn't put him outside the top five strikers in the league this season.

From redcafe:

"He doesn't want to stay at Everton... I remember reading a few articles where he admitted that Everton was just a stepping stone -- a chance to put himself in the shop window for a bigger club. He could probably be bought, but it would cost at least 40m. Not sure he's worth it, but it ain't my money."

"Is he any better than Welbeck?"

"He's fluent in 6 languages apparently."

"Should have intercepted his move to Everton . Can't see this happening."

"Isn't Griezmann release clause also around 50 million quid.. We won't get get Lukaku for any less,so might as well go for Griezmann.."

Oh and United need to start realising, in 1 or 2 seasons, they wont be able to attract the top, top players, if they ever have been able to, sure they can pay the wages and get the runts who want the money, but pretty soon if not already they are gonna become Liverpool.

Every season my worship of SAF increases, there wont ever be a manger like him, a special breed.

Realistically, we need to give him a new contract at the end of this season and tie him up longer term, as unless I'm wrong, he has 2 years to run afterwards? Not an ideal situation for Everton To let him run down any contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back