Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically, we need to give him a new contract at the end of this season and tie him up longer term, as unless I'm wrong, he has 2 years to run afterwards? Not an ideal situation for Everton To let him run down any contract.
He wont be signing one. He doesnt want to make it more difficult for him to departure.

From redcafe:

"He doesn't want to stay at Everton... I remember reading a few articles where he admitted that Everton was just a stepping stone -- a chance to put himself in the shop window for a bigger club. He could probably be bought, but it would cost at least 40m. Not sure he's worth it, but it ain't my money."

"Is he any better than Welbeck?"

"He's fluent in 6 languages apparently."

"Should have intercepted his move to Everton . Can't see this happening."

"Isn't Griezmann release clause also around 50 million quid.. We won't get get Lukaku for any less,so might as well go for Griezmann.."
Who gives two flying farts what some knobs on another fan forum think about lukaku haha

Realistically, we need to give him a new contract at the end of this season and tie him up longer term, as unless I'm wrong, he has 2 years to run afterwards? Not an ideal situation for Everton To let him run down any contract.

If only it was so simple. I'm afraid you're being naive.

He'll only sign a contract if he wants to, we can't make him.
Yes mate. I am aware. I didn't say anywhere we hold a gun to his head. I did say though if he refuses to sign , then we look to sell to maximise returns sometime in 6-18 months time.

Still waiting to be enlightened as to my apparent naivety...

Yes mate. I am aware. I didn't say anywhere we hold a gun to his head. I did say though if he refuses to sign , then we look to sell to maximise returns sometime in 6-18 months time.

So you did in a seperate reply, hadn't seen that.

Honestly, I think it just looks naive to say 'We should get him on a long contract' because it assumes the reason we haven't is on our end rather than his. And I think most of us assume that he doesn't want to stay here and thus it's naive to assume the contract situation will change.

He's so boss he's destined to go. He had been flirting with departure before....and sadly just when we were having a bad times last season. He's banging goals in such rate that rich CL team (think psg) will snap him soon. I love Rom and he's Everton player still. And im going to enjoy him ripping opponents just for a little while longer.

So you did in a seperate reply, hadn't seen that.

Honestly, I think it just looks naive to say 'We should get him on a long contract' because it assumes the reason we haven't is on our end rather than his. And I think most of us assume that if he wanted to stay here, he'd have signed one already and thus it's naive to assume the situation will change.
Offer/try to get him to sign..very different to begging a bloke or forcing anything. Not ideal for Everton to have Lukaku or Stones or Deulofeu or Barkley coming into a final year of a contract. Unless they are superstars, it will be harder for us to get maximum returns when they leave is all I am saying.

He's so boss he's destined to go. He had been flirting with departure before....and sadly just when we were having a bad times last season. He's banging goals in such rate that rich CL team (think psg) will snap him soon. I love Rom and he's Everton player still. And im going to enjoy him ripping opponents just for a little while longer.
+1. I will always follow his career with joy. But as this season unfolds and he continues to become world class, he also becomes too good for this current basket case Everton.
Tings can change with new ownership or what may, but as is, he deserves better.

+1. I will always follow his career with joy. But as this season unfolds and he continues to become world class, he also becomes too good for this current basket case Everton.
Tings can change with new ownership or what may, but as is, he deserves better.
Well anything is possible I quess... imagine if our new overlords would promise our stars all kinds of nice thingys like a shiny new stadium and hefty payrise etc etc ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back