Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you sign a new contract at this club?

18 goals already this year, 20 the year before. In fact it is his job to win us games and he is doing that, if we can't defend them goals he keeps scoring then what does say about our future prospects in his eyes?

Would you sign a new contract at this club?

18 goals already this year, 20 the year before. In fact it is his job to win us games and he is doing that, if we can't defend them goals he keeps scoring then what does say about our future prospects in his eyes?
No I wouldn't for this current basket case club.
New ownership and ambition shown could change that.
Let's see.

Imagine the shame of being vaulted for THAT post at some point in the future.
No amount of bile soaked match previews are washing that stain clean.

Extending his contract would simply ensure that Everton got the fair market price if he left, and not a reduced fee or, God forbid, getting
nothing if he ran his current contract down and left on a Bosnan, not that it would come to that. I don't think that'd be a problem for Rom.
Didn't Kev' sign a four year deal recently? Think that through.

Extending his contract would simply ensure that Everton got the fair market price if he left, and not a reduced fee or, God forbid, getting
nothing if he ran his current contract down and left on a Bosnan, not that it would come to that. I don't think that'd be a problem for Rom.
Didn't Kev' sign a four year deal recently? Think that through.
Well that was my point above that apparently made me naive...

from sky

Romelu Lukaku admits he is bemused with Everton's Premier League position, but is convinced they can still challenge for the top four.

The striker has enjoyed a fantastic season on a personal level, scoring 18 goals in all competitions this season, including 15 in the Premier League, a tally that puts him alongside Jamie Vardy as the division's leading scorer.

However, Everton have not been able to take full advantage of his goals, particularly since the start of October as they have won just three league matches - a run that means they start the new year in 11th place in the league.

"We shouldn't be in this situation," Lukaku told Sky Sports News HQ. "Sometimes I still don't get it. But that's football and we need to work hard, stick together and turn it around.

"As a team we know we should be higher, we have a lot of potential and a lot of experience too. We are a team that should be fighting for the top four or top six.

"But at the moment it's not going the way we want. We know we have a lot of quality in the side and we know we can play some of the best football in the league, so it's disappointing, but hopefully we can turn it around."

Everton start the new year with a home match live on Sky Sports against Tottenham, who themselves sit fourth in the table after an impressive first half of the season.

Asked whether the Toffees can still push for the Champions League spots, Lukaku said: "Of course. I think the way the league is going, a lot of things can happen.

"If we get a few wins on the bounce and get momentum then we can end the season well, but it's up to us.

"We need to win games and make sure if we are in good situations we manage the games well, that's something we need to work on and as soon as we do it we will be going up in the league."

With 15 goals in 19 league matches, Lukaku is just a handful of goals away from setting a new season's best for himself.

And he added: "Since I was a kid I was a guy who scored lots, but in my professional career it's had ups and downs. Now to have a certain consistency is really pleasing and I want to keep it up throughout the season.
"Last season was the first year where I really had a difficult time. I learned a lot, improved a lot, and I was expecting a moment like this for me personally. I want to keep improving and hopefully next year will be even better for myself and Everton."

Asked about Everton's next opponents, Lukaku said: "It will be very tough. They have a very talented squad, similar to ours, but they are there and we are not.

"We want to change the situation we are in and it's going to be a good game for the neutrals."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back