Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a new article, but an interesting read:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nt-sign-new-everton-contract-can-world-class/

Despite our positive transfer activity lately, I personally I think all the signs point to him being a goner. TBH if you have the chance to go and lead the line for the defending league champions then that is an opportunity that is very difficult to turn down.

I don't think it'll take £100m either.. reckon somewhere between £80-90m would do it. £20m on Giroud (as much as I don't rate him), £40m Sigurdsson + probably 20-30m for A.N Other would go a long way to filling the hole left by the big man.

Is anyone paying £100m for him? I doubt it.

I would very much like him to stay, and we've shown we can hold onto players as it suits (i.e. Stones) until we want to sell at the right price. Unless you're Real or Barca, you're a selling club these days.

So if he stays hooray, I'll welcome his goals for another year.

If he goes, he'll need replacing, however I'll be glad to see the back of his agent.

But I'd rather he stay.

Is anyone paying £100m for him? I doubt it.

I would very much like him to stay, and we've shown we can hold onto players as it suits (i.e. Stones) until we want to sell at the right price. Unless you're Real or Barca, you're a selling club these days.

So if he stays hooray, I'll welcome his goals for another year.

If he goes, he'll need replacing, however I'll be glad to see the back of his agent.

But I'd rather he stay.
He cannot leave soon enough. If anything, he has probably hurt Rom's bargaining power by challenging Moshiri and demanding a massive cut of the transfer fee. He is a vile toad that must be destroyed.

hmmm...

Fitness coach Jan Kluitenberg believes Everton will reap the rewards of having almost every player back for the first week of pre-season, declaring “you couldn’t wish for a better situation.”

New signings Michael Keane and Davy Klaassen reported to Finch Farm for the first time on Tuesday, joining the raft of first-team stars who underwent a day of fitness testing at the Halewood training ground on Monday.

Only Mason Holgate, Jordan Pickford and Sandro Ramirez will return later due to their participation in last month’s European Under-21 Championship.

where is rom then??

hmmm...

Fitness coach Jan Kluitenberg believes Everton will reap the rewards of having almost every player back for the first week of pre-season, declaring “you couldn’t wish for a better situation.”

New signings Michael Keane and Davy Klaassen reported to Finch Farm for the first time on Tuesday, joining the raft of first-team stars who underwent a day of fitness testing at the Halewood training ground on Monday.

Only Mason Holgate, Jordan Pickford and Sandro Ramirez will return later due to their participation in last month’s European Under-21 Championship.

where is rom then??
He is in LA with his buddy Pogba

How can we spend money we don't have and if we are why haven't we replaced him?
Because we know we have it coming. If the deal is agreed in principle then we know how much we have to spend and therefore have gone out and spent it, if it's 80 plus cleverly money then the sums add up. All we have had to do is put the money up knowing full well that money is coming back to us to replace it like spurs and Liverpool have done previously. It is a positive that the club can afford to do that rather than like years before wait to sell first.

In terms of why haven't we replaced him? Perhaps we don't know just yet who we are replacing him with? From the speed and direct deals so far it seems we knew we were moving for who we have done and those signings so far minus the Nigerian are essentially players koeman and Walsh wanted to bring in now anyway. The development of the lukaku situation probably has just allowed us to get our main targets in much earlier than we expected and therefore got them all ready for pre season.

With two months of the window to go, I fully expect the club to replace him as a out and out striker, although I would prefer us to instead buy options up front to give the team variety. I can guarantee you we won't sign a 25 goal a season striker this summer, mainly because that talent won't move here. If we started the season with 3 players who can get into double figures and provide different threats up front so we don't become one dimensional like we were with rom here then we will reap the rewards in the games we were stuttering to a draw last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back