Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely no chance he's here for the first game next season. He'll be at one of European footballs very best

Realistically, there's four clubs in Europe that could afford him.

Let's say he bags 30-35 this season in all comps and then gets 5 at the Euros. Our value then (with him having three years left) has to be at least £50-60mil

Barca - highly doubt that
Real - Maybe if Benzema leaves, and they don't get in either Lewandowski or Aguero to replace him.
PSG - Most likely destination.
Bayern - Possible, but would only think it would happen if Lewandowski left or Ancelotti changes systems. Also they don't normally spend £50mil on a player (if ever).

So, not that many options really (on the continent) that could offer a fee that was too good to turn down (from our POV).

This is why a cup or European qualification is so important to us this season. It puts us in a position that means that Rom (and Stones etc.) are confident they can win things with us while still developing.

Realistically, there's four clubs in Europe that could afford him.

Let's say he bags 30-35 this season in all comps and then gets 5 at the Euros. Our value then (with him having three years left) has to be at least £50-60mil

Barca - highly doubt that
Real - Maybe if Benzema leaves, and they don't get in either Lewandowski or Aguero to replace him.
PSG - Most likely destination.
Bayern - Possible, but would only think it would happen if Lewandowski left or Ancelotti changes systems. Also they don't normally spend £50mil on a player (if ever).

So, not that many options really (on the continent) that could offer a fee that was too good to turn down (from our POV).

This is why a cup or European qualification is so important to us this season. It puts us in a position that means that Rom (and Stones etc.) are confident they can win things with us while still developing.
There are 3 clubs in England alone that could afford him, don't forget about the telly money next year. He'd be perfect for United or Chelsea, Arsenal not so much but they could still afford him.
I'm not touting him about I'm just being realistic, he will not want to stay unless we get top 6 and he gets a massive wage rise.

I'm only going off FM like haha. Cypriot Turk according to wikipedia so you could be right.

I used to work in a boozer in Huyton that Hibberts dad drinks in. I'm sure he told me once he was Cypriot. Osman and his old man came in once for a pint after the last game of the season with Hibbo and his dad. To be honest I thought he was of African or Caribbean heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back