Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheres the most obvious option...psg? And surely you were just kidding with that Suarez comparison

Suarez scored 31 goals in his last season before moving to Barca at the age of 27 for £75mil.

Lukaku has scored 19 goals for us at the age of 22 halfway through the season and we dont need to sell due to the TV deal....i'd say £80mil+.

PSG i forgot about to be honest, they have the money but I dont think he would go there as the league isnt competitive...just cant see it.

Someone will pay whatever we want them to pay. He's that sort of player.

Hopefully we can squeeze at least one more season out of him, and see where we stand then.

I know the stats suggest he's better than or equal to Ronaldo/Suarez/Jesus etc...but in IMO he just isn't THAT standard.

Don't get me wrong: I think he's class and I love him. He's just not AS class as many believe.

Wheres the most obvious option...psg? And surely you were just kidding with that Suarez comparison

There are very few players I can think of that have better stats than Rom at the same age, Shearer - no, Henry - no, Van Nistelrooy - no, Suarez - no, Drogba - no. Brazilian Ronaldo is probably the only comparable in terms of stats. I know Rom isn't as skilful as some of those players but he has other qualities.

Suarez scored 31 goals in his last season before moving to Barca at the age of 27 for £75mil.

Lukaku has scored 19 goals for us at the age of 22 halfway through the season and we dont need to sell due to the TV deal....i'd say £80mil+.

PSG i forgot about to be honest, they have the money but I dont think he would go there as the league isnt competitive...just cant see it.
Psg would be perfect for Rom. He would tear France apart and would have 100%CL every season. And PSG needs new striker super star cause Ibra wont get any better and faces gradual fading.

Rom isnt at Suarezs level...yet anyways. Stat throwing isnt helping in this case.

Goalscoring wasn't the main part of Suarez' game whereas it is with Rom....to compare to two is mad

I think a move to PSG is nailed on, they tick every box going. That the French league is so average won't deter him, just as it didn't Zlatan and others who've gone there. I think Rom will see it as an opportunity to pad his stats out while having the Champions League to prove he can do it at the highest level. Give it 18 months/2 years and he'll be back in the Prem at Man City or Utd as one of the best strikers in the world
Yes, and I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but he basically took a step down by coming to Everton from Chelsea in what either club is likely to achieve, so he's got some form in voluntarily playing at a somewhat lower level.

True, perhaps the reason for that was that of all the quality we had, our front was not the strongest part. We don't have bad strikers, but we didn't have real world class there neither, whereas we do have a lot of high class Attacking midfielders able to score too.

Still think Rom will be a starter though, he's getting to that world class status.

Yeah i know the story, i just use it because interwebs currently still identify's him like that.

I also believe that of all three (4?) strikers, only Lukaku has the potential to become a world class striker. He always had the talent for goal scoring and that's the only aspect of the goal that you cannot really learn. And he works really hard to improve the lesser sides of his play.
Origi might also become world class, but not as a striker since he doesn't seem to have the goal scoring ability you need for that.

I know the stats suggest he's better than or equal to Ronaldo/Suarez/Jesus etc...but in IMO he just isn't THAT standard.

Don't get me wrong: I think he's class and I love him. He's just not AS class as many believe.
He's also still developing all aspects of his game and seems to be capable of correcting his weak points. Just look at the improvement in his hold up play this year.

why don't you guys just worry about this season, and then if he goes, worry about that then?

he's not going in january and when he does eventually go we'll get a massive sum for him and be able to build a better all round team at the end of it. We knew when we bought him this was going to happen, i accepted it the day he arrived, he wouldn't be here for probably more than 3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back