Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Lukaku will end up at PSG. If you want to become the best striker in the world you go to one of the top leagues.

Sure he'll get loads of money there but I don't think that'll be the only thing that influences his decision. He'll get loads of money wherever he goes.

I don't think Lukaku will end up at PSG. If you want to become the best striker in the world you go to one of the top leagues.

Sure he'll get loads of money there but I don't think that'll be the only thing that influences his decision. He'll get loads of money wherever he goes.

True. Also, although I value him a lot I really don't see him going to Real or Bayern. They're cluns who will buy the absolute finished product and that he is not. Maybe one day they will want him but not now.
If he leaves I'd like to see him go to Spain or Germany though to work on some more aspects of his play. I think the PL is great, but the defending is not always as sharp as it is in those two leagues.

I really think he might stay next year.

Stop sweating him leaving. That day will come and you'll be sad then so enjoy him in royal blue you anxiety ridden weirdos.

Your birds getting slammed by that lad at work too, you know the one. Yes you do.

Ok let me try again...

Club bought by wealthy owners who try a new concept not seen at Everton in 16 years. Investment in playing squad that indicates ambition to our best players.

Romelu stays, re-signs a new 4 year contract and becomes an Everton legend.

Not to defend Kenwrong, but it is perhaps worth pointing out that the investment we have had in the playing squad over the past four or five years has been better than most other teams you could mention. Take the great unpleasantness for instance; for what they paid for Ilori we bought Besic, Stones and Galloway. For what they paid for Benteke we bought Lukaku and Deulofeu.

Not to defend Kenwrong, but it is perhaps worth pointing out that the investment we have had in the playing squad over the past four or five years has been better than most other teams you could mention. Take the great unpleasantness for instance; for what they paid for Ilori we bought Besic, Stones and Galloway. For what they paid for Benteke we bought Lukaku and Deulofeu.
That would be great if we had equal amounts of money to spend, the reality is if we dont find these bargain (and they don't continue to piss it up the wall) we will fall behind.

And not one penny of that came from any member of the owners.
So, all that Sky money coming next year coupled with an ambitious board that invests? Well, you work it out.

There are 3 clubs in England alone that could afford him, don't forget about the telly money next year. He'd be perfect for United or Chelsea, Arsenal not so much but they could still afford him.
I'm not touting him about I'm just being realistic, he will not want to stay unless we get top 6 and he gets a massive wage rise.

You said Europe so I based it on that mate.

Utd, Chelsea, City and Arsenal could all afford him, yes.

But...

Chelsea - Would he go back there and would Chelsea be willing to take the hit on him and re-sign a player for double what they sold him for?
Utd - They could well go for him - though depends who is in charge (Mourinho, LVG, Pep, Giggs???)
City - Unless Aguero goes I can't see Rom going somewhere where he won't be first choice - again depends on Pep as well (if he ends up there).
Arsenal - A realistic choice but can you see Wenger forking out £60mil on on player?

I liked that post as you highlighted the hilarious difference in value for money.

But that's not really investment. It's money from player sales, maybe a bit of tv money. The fact that the manager used it so well isn't Kenwrights's doing. It's his and his scouting staff's.

And not one penny of that came from any member of the owners.
So, all that Sky money coming next year coupled with an ambitious board that invests? Well, you work it out.

That is certainly what keeps being said, but the problem with it is that there really is an awful lot of evidence to suggest that spending a smaller amount of money wisely is better for the long term health of clubs than spending an idiot amount of money ill-advisedly; especially when however ambitious our potential American overlords are they are going to have nowhere near the idiot amounts of money or the patience to burn so much of it that City, Chelsea or United's owners have.

If they (Kenwrong or the Americans) genuinely have the clubs best interests at heart and are serious about investment, its the non-playing parts of the club where the big gains can be made, not so much the playing squad (aside from two or three players, especially a goalkeeper).

Reactions: obc
I liked that post as you highlighted the hilarious difference in value for money.

But that's not really investment. It's money from player sales, maybe a bit of tv money. The fact that the manager used it so well isn't Kenwrights's doing. It's his and his scouting staff's.

True - but a business that can improve itself by itself is usually a good one; certainly its in better health than one that requires an injection of fifty million in cash every twelve months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back