Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also still developing all aspects of his game and seems to be capable of correcting his weak points. Just look at the improvement in his hold up play this year.

All true. But these 70-80mil players (Bale, Suarez, Ronaldo) are all fully established, proven players, at the peak of their with no improvement needed.

Lukaku is worth a lot and now I but not that sort of money....yet.

If we disregard Everton for a minute (don't shoot me!), and think about Rom's career, how awesome would it be for his development if he would go to Man Utd or any other team to work under Guardiola?

It would be interesting to see what Pep does with someone like Lukaku.

Man Utd is the team I fear most putting in a crazy money bid. He'd walk in to their team.

I don't really fret about losing Lukaku I'm just a realist and realise that unless we achieve something big that convinces Lukaku to stay long term that time is against us. I think that's why so many fans get so knee jerk about some of the dissapointing results recently. We can all see so much potential in the team and many are just worried we might not be able to keep the group of players together long enough to let them realise it.

I love watching Lukaku play and watching his all round game improve this season has been great. I don't think being mindful of the future and how football works means you don't enjoy having great players in your team. It's realists who won't be as upset if the day ever comes that he does leave. Accepting someone might not be around forever makes you appreciate them more not the other way around.

All true. But these 70-80mil players (Bale, Suarez, Ronaldo) are all fully established, proven players, at the peak of their with no improvement needed.

Lukaku is worth a lot and now I but not that sort of money....yet.
Bale and Ronaldo deals were already quite a few years ago, market has inflated a lot since then. Suarez is damaged goods otherwise he'd have been the most expensive player in the world. I don't think 60 million pounds for the 22 year old PL top scorer with his physical tools is outrageous at all.

If we disregard Everton for a minute (don't shoot me!), and think about Rom's career, how awesome would it be for his development if he would go to Man Utd or any other team to work under Guardiola?

It would be interesting to see what Pep does with someone like Lukaku.
If I think about Lukaku's career long term, he ought to stay here. If Roberto can keep this core of youth together for 3-4 years we will do great things.

60 million is the figure I'd expect if a team made a bid for him and wanted to have a serious chance of getting him.

I think you're right that he's best off staying with us for a while. The thing we have in our favour is that he's developing really well playing for us, as most of our players are. Props to Martinez for that and Lukaku seems to love the atmosphere at the club so hopefully he will.

I guess we'll find out the players intentions when talk comes up of a contract extension. It'd be great if we get bought out and they invest heavily in the team. I'm pretty sure he'd stay then.

It's £60m for Lukaku and £50m for Stones IMO - and those are minimums.

I think one of those is definitely off in the summer, and that's Stones. Lukaku I think there's a 70/30 chance of him going.

In any case, if we don't break £100m+ incoming for those two players, I'll be very disappointed.

I agree with @Tubey

Can't understand any blue accepting that Lukaku and Stones should be allowed to leave even for £100 million plus.

If you truly believe we are building something then they have to be kept, you can't build by selling your best players.

We should be outside the Directors entrance with pitchforks if they countenance any bid for either player.

If I think about Lukaku's career long term, he ought to stay here. If Roberto can keep this core of youth together for 3-4 years we will do great things.

I agree. he should stay for one or two more years, but the team should do better than this year though.
But I just thought it might be interesting to see what a trainer like Guardiola could do with Lukaku. Especially for all the criticism he receives in Belgium about his lack of football playing qualities.

Can't understand any blue accepting that Lukaku and Stones should be allowed to leave even for £100 million plus.

If you truly believe we are building something then they have to be kept, you can't build by selling your best players.

We should be outside the Directors entrance with pitchforks if they countenance any bid for either player.

I don't think any of us want either of them to leave. I know I don't.

Accepting bids might come in and players might choose to leave is totally different though.

There's a realism needed about the fact the players may request the move. In the case of Stones, he already has, and it's easy to envisage we've already told him we'll move him on in the summer.

With Lukaku, we all know the score with his agent - and if our finish is as poor as it looks like it will be this season, then you can understand him wanting to play elsewhere.

So I don't think this would be a case of the players being sold under the feet of the manager, like Duncan Ferguson was - I think this will be unavoidable due to circumstance.

I don't think any of us want either of them to leave. I know I don't.

Accepting bids might come in and players might choose to leave is totally different though.

I accept no-one wants them to leave, it is the acceptance that they will I dont understand.

If we allow them to leave we have for once and for all given up any ambition we may claim to have.

They're contracted to play for Everton, that should be the answer to bidders and agents

I agree but what if they want to leave though, would you want to stop them? I think it becomes a lot more difficult then.

I think that IF we were to lose 2 out of the trio it would also make Bobby think that what the hell im doing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back