Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 3 clubs in England alone that could afford him, don't forget about the telly money next year. He'd be perfect for United or Chelsea, Arsenal not so much but they could still afford him.
I'm not touting him about I'm just being realistic, he will not want to stay unless we get top 6 and he gets a massive wage rise.

United - Van Gaal would wreck him
Chelsea - noone knows who the next manager will be and he has already experienced what that club represents
Arsenal - would possibly be a step up, but Wenger is not getting younger and two FA Cups in ten years is not that much of a draw

If he goes, it should be abroad. If his agent has sense it will be to Spain (which means Real); PSG are in a joke league and Bayern are increasingly going down that route, wheras the whole Barca thing may well unravel and the Neymar deal finally gets exposed for what it was.

I think a move to PSG is nailed on, they tick every box going. That the French league is so average won't deter him, just as it didn't Zlatan and others who've gone there. I think Rom will see it as an opportunity to pad his stats out while having the Champions League to prove he can do it at the highest level. Give it 18 months/2 years and he'll be back in the Prem at Man City or Utd as one of the best strikers in the world

United - Van Gaal would wreck him
Chelsea - noone knows who the next manager will be and he has already experienced what that club represents
Arsenal - would possibly be a step up, but Wenger is not getting younger and two FA Cups in ten years is not that much of a draw

If he goes, it should be abroad. If his agent has sense it will be to Spain (which means Real); PSG are in a joke league and Bayern are increasingly going down that route, wheras the whole Barca thing may well unravel and the Neymar deal finally gets exposed for what it was.

Have you basically just said we're on a par with Real Madrid?

I felt like that's what you said.

Romelu Lukaku.....stays with us and becomes a legend with this team.

can only realistically go to:

man utd
man city
chelsea
real madrid

£80mil+ i think...same level as Suarez now and younger.

Honestly think hes nailed on for psg when he leaves if real or bayern don't want him. Psg have tons of cash, CL, a need at striker as Ibra is leaving, and already have a relationship with Roms agent.

There are 3 clubs in England alone that could afford him, don't forget about the telly money next year. He'd be perfect for United or Chelsea, Arsenal not so much but they could still afford him.
I'm not touting him about I'm just being realistic, he will not want to stay unless we get top 6 and he gets a massive wage rise.
I disagree about the fit, I think he's far more suited to Arsenal than Utd, and I think he'd never go back to Chelsea.

I just don't think he'll go, even if we finish mid-table. We need him more than the money so we simply won't let him go (like Stones).

People are over-valuing him. I know it's easy to get carried away in this day and age but 80mil? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back