Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
think he will be the most difficult 'star' to hold onto

Agree on this, everyone wants a striker right now, the leading scorer chart hasn't got may top names in it at all, seeing Stoke, Sunderland and Watford in the top 10 and United and Liverpool not in at all, the league is thin on the ground for strikers.

I say with rom do what we did with stones, block him moving we are in a stronger position financially than we were last summer also he's under contract, the balls in our court. He's still young why not stick around to see what we can become in a year or so, the future looks bright now.I can't understand why players can't just be patient and see what happens especially when they are young.

I say with rom do what we did with stones, block him moving we are in a stronger position financially than we were last summer also he's under contract, the balls in our court. He's still young why not stick around to see what we can become in a year or so, the future looks bright now.I can't understand why players can't just be patient and see what happens especially when they are young.

I think that is exactly what we will do, he is just going to have to deal with it and hope we can get up to the level he wants to be playing at.

We are in a win win situation, if we let stones and rom go (being our choice not theirs as they are under contract and we don't really need the money) we would be looking at around 100 million, if we play hard ball and reject their decision if they want to go,we have 2 great players for next season, and a good chance more qualities players to add to our all ready very good squad, the futures bright the futures (hopefully) Everton where they should be challenging at the top.

Lukaku will stay and his agent will look stupid for suggesting he would not have let him come to us had he been his agent at the time. Even if he leaves, he may win nothing in the next two or so seasons dependant on where he goes. Lukaku will know he is best off staying at the perfect club for him. Only one team can win the champions league, no point joining Leicester for example if he won't increase his status. I do feel though we need statement signings and a massive ruthless increase in quality competition for places. It is all possible now! The only club I could see him leaving us for is Real Madrid. But how likely is that?

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back