Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should send him to us for season he'd come back being able to control a ball. Fantastic finisher quality movement, but couldn't trap a bag of sand.

It's his weakest area, no doubt. Sometimes he has games where his control is spot on though, which makes it more baffling.

Hopefully he'll improve. But if he didn't have weaknesses he'd not be at Everton.

His first touch often doesn't matter, due to the fact that he does that weird thing were he looks like hes lost it but then just pushes anyone out the way and turns.

It is also a bit of a myth that he doesn't have a first touch, when he's isolated he tends to over think things and messes up, but with people around him (like Kone this year) his touch is fine.

The little 1-2 he played with Deulofeu on the edge of their box wasn't someone with a poor touch.

He's the most isolated and closely marked player in the team when we play and has to pick up the ball with his back to goal a lot. Any weaknesses in his first touch will be highlighted in him more than any other player. It's not that bad a lot of the time.

You see I disagree. Even his first touch is inconsistent. Some games the ball sticks to him brilliantly and then others it cannons off his shins with the force of a volcanic eruption.

Indeed. Everything has to do with confidence with Rom. When he has it, he's barely unstoppable, and when he doesn't he genuinely sucks.
But, I believe he will really be in his prime at the age of 25 so there's still some room for progress. But at least he's great at the one thing you can't really work on and that is scoring goals.

Typical Lukaku performance. Except today he didn't score a goal to disguise it.

Didn't he play the full 120 mid week?

He's not known for his stamina, so I think I'll forgive him today (he was utterly shocking though, make no mistake). The crime is seemingly expending the energy of our best players against Barnsley and not against Spurs.

He has had some bad performances for us but that today was right up there!

Did he manage to find another blue shirt at all this afternoon?

Didn't he play the full 120 mid week?

He's not known for his stamina, so I think I'll forgive him today (he was utterly shocking though, make no mistake). The crime is seemingly expending the energy of our best players against Barnsley and not against Spurs.
Tbh I want silverware so glad that we did it that way. Of course it would be nicer if we had a squad that could do both...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back