Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor today. Nothing for him to work with though, mind.

If Cleverley had given him the ball instead of shooting in the first half, he would have put us in front.

Good point that abut Cleverly, he also had Kone on the other side of him, real shame all around.

He was nackered from mid-week his first touch eluded him all afternoon. He needed to sit this one out same story as last year when we competed in Europe. This shows we need another experienced striker whose name isn't Kone.

It's one thing having a poor first touch... but his attitude was up his own hole today. .. the amount of times he got pushed off the ball when he was first too it... thinks he is much better than he actually is

He didn't do well today, but we never really gave him a chance to do well. The ball was either played miles away from him or if it went near him, there was no other blue shirt supporting him.
He could have been more mobile though and look to make things happen rather than get upset that things weren't happening. That's what separates the great from the good.

Has added aerial ability to his game, something which has been pretty noticeable in my eyes and a change from last year.

It used to be that he'd get up for the sake of getting up, always jumping too late or early and so very poor in the air.

This year he wins most of the stuff in the air, we just aren't used to him winning balls and need to be better at making runs beyond him for the flick on or looking for the nod down.

Clearly something he has been working on and is an improvement to his game.

Didn't have a great game yesterday but that was something significant I'd noticed. I imagine he's been working on it with Dunc on the training ground.

Lukaku's performance against Spurs reminded me a lot of last year. He is still a kid getting use to the demands of 40+ games a season. It's a part of his game that he needs to develop.

If I recall correctly, during his first yr on loan, rarely did he perform for the full 90. He would always run out of gas with 10 to go. Last yr he would play the full 90 but was incapable of backing up a mid week game with quality on the Saturday or Sunday.

Yesterday, It looked like he was struggling from the off. It had I played 120mins mid week written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back