Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I'm coming around to Colemole's thinking on this. I do like Lukaku and think he's a very good striker, and he's never short of effort either. But there are games where he controls it farther than I can shoot it, and puts our midfield under a lot of pressure as a result. You can only blame bad service so much, we need him to be able to consistently control the ball in the opposition half to give our attacking players a chance at providing that service.

He does bring others into the game. It just so happens he's very good at putting the ball in the net. If others do their job as well as Lukaku does his we'll have no problems.

That Anderlecht coach is a fool if he sits there wondering where it all went wrong with Lukaku....maybe that was the reason he came up with no examples of his weaknesses. File under "crank Belgian coach".

He does bring others into the game, just not as well as he could do, especially when compared to how good he is at scoring.

He's an anomoly, but he could be even better if he his coaches had paid more attention to his weaknesses rather than ignoring them in favour if his strengths.

But it's done now and he pretty much is what he is. Might actually still develop a first touch compareable to every other Premier League footballer but i don't expect.

And like you, i would actually be happy with him if he stays exactly as he is, crap first touch but lots of goals. Won't stop me wishing he could do the basics better though.

He does bring others into the game, just not as well as he could do, especially when compared to how good he is at scoring.

He's an anomoly, but he could be even better if he his coaches had paid more attention to his weaknesses rather than ignoring them in favour if his strengths.

But it's done now and he pretty much is what he is. Might actually still develop a first touch compareable to every other Premier League footballer but i don't expect.

And like you, i would actually be happy with him if he stays exactly as he is, crap first touch but lots of goals. Won't stop me wishing he could do the basics better though.
If he was the player you're talking about him being he'd never have been allowed to leave Chelsea.

Let's be thankful for the small blemishes in his game, because if he didn't have them we'd have missed the 40 goals in two and a bit seasons massively.

If he was the player you're talking about him being he'd never have been allowed to leave Chelsea.

Aye, but I was kind of hoping he'd become that player before he left us. As it stands, he could still well go to another team fuelled by his hype alone, as opposed to being snapped up off the back of a career-defining season that we benefitted from.

Aye, but I was kind of hoping he'd become that player before he left us. As it stands, he could still well go to another team fuelled by his hype alone, as opposed to being snapped up off the back of a career-defining season that we benefitted from.
Buy a playmaker to feed him and he'd provide it. Service him with bits and pieces and it wont happen.

Still, he's been worth his weight in gold for us even now.

Let's be thankful for the small blemishes in his game, because if he didn't have them we'd have missed the 40 goals in two and a bit seasons massively.

Haha i knew someone would say that.

Perfectly true i know, but still doesn't mean we shouldn't want our players to be as good as possible when they are here.

And like i've said about a million times, if those 40 goals were replaced by 20 for Lukaku but 30 spread about other players he'd be a better player and we'd be a better team.

will be one of the worlds best by the time he's 25, already one of the best strikers right now.

Just has a few bits to learn, but he's just turned 22, that'll come with time and games / experience.

Not many players were absolutely world class at 22, infact, not sure many strikers have had more goals than him by age 22.

Buy a playmaker to feed him and he'd provide it. Service him with bits and pieces and it wont happen.

Still, he's been worth his weight in gold for us even now.

Yeah, with a crwative playmaker behind him he would score more goals and so would the rest of the team.

And if he improved the poor parts of his game he'd score more goals and so would the rest of the team.

Unfortunatly at 22 and with our current board it doesn't appear that either are likely to happen unless we're lucky!

Yeah, with a crwative playmaker behind him he would score more goals and so would the rest of the team.

And if he improved the poor parts of his game he'd score more goals and so would the rest of the team.

Unfortunatly at 22 and with our current board it doesn't appear that either are likely to happen unless we're lucky!
what on earth are you talking about, he has made progress every season he has been with us. If you haven't seen that, you haven't been watching us.

He's 22 not 32, you never stop learning things as a player, so i don't know why you'd think he'd suddenly stop developing now?

will be one of the worlds best by the time he's 25, already one of the best strikers right now.

Just has a few bits to learn, but he's just turned 22, that'll come with time and games / experience.

Not many players were absolutely world class at 22, infact, not sure many strikers have had more goals than him by age 22.

You see I disagree with this, 1 of the best goal scorers maybe, but somebody with trampoline shins like his could never be classed as a good striker.

You see I disagree with this, 1 of the best goal scorers maybe, but somebody with trampoline shins like his could never be classed as a good striker.
one of few strikers who can make his own goals, unstoppable when on form, can create chances for others and can score any type of goal, that is what makes him potentially world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back