Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked and stunned that some Evertonians would rather keep a star player than the clueless underperforming manager. That's never happened before in our history!:coffee:

sackcatterick.jpg

At least Catterick was a great manager that actually won stuff when he made questionable decisions.

As opposed to the Catalan Clown who just loses home games and chats deluded excuse-filled gibberish.

I can't blame him for wanting out, Everton are going backwards under Martinez and are getting further and further away from challenging at the top half of the league.

Martinez is plenty of talk and a lot of 12th place football.

Shocked and stunned that some Evertonians would rather keep a star player than the clueless underperforming manager. That's never happened before in our history!:coffee:

sackcatterick.jpg

At least Catterick was a great manager that actually won stuff when he made questionable decisions.

As opposed to the Catalan Clown who just loses home games and chats deluded excuse-filled gibberish.
Remember that, we were laughing about the spelling,happy days tho.

Bayern Munich have spent over £20m on a player 7 times in their history.

They spent $50m on a 23 year old Javi Martinez in 2012. Perhaps they will want to make a statement by spending big again and breaking their club transfer record once more.

Perhaps Bayern Munich is going to be Lukaku's destination based on his father's comments today.

I never said he didn't rate him. He went after ba, that's a fact, that was his target. He got offered lukaku and he took it up.

Am I wrong? Of course not.

So he got lucky. My statement is still correct
Isn't the only luck involved that Chelsea were too dumb to keep hold of Rom?

Once that happened, and I'm not suggesting that wasn't serendipitous, Martinez took excellent advantage of it. Similar to how a striker may be gifted a slack backpass by a defender but still has to have the skill to get past other defenders and score the goal.

Just saying "Martinez got lucky with Rom" seems to imply Martinez had absoultely nothing to do with him ending up at the club.

Nothing wrong with that IMO. I think he's ran out of positive things to say about his club.
I have no qualms with Rom wanting to leave for as you mention it's unrealistic for him to be pledge his allegiance with our long-term form.

He's a top quality striker, quite easily one of (if not the) best we've seen in a generation, so to want to play in the Champions League is realistic.

My qualm is with the fact that this situation has been allowed to occur. For all his goal we've played in a way that has quite often neutralised them.

Two seasons of mediocrity, poor results and rigid tactics were never going to keep a player of his talent. Such a shame...

Isn't the only luck involved that Chelsea were too dumb to keep hold of Rom?

Once that happened, and I'm not suggesting that wasn't serendipitous, Martinez took excellent advantage of it. Similar to how a striker may be gifted a slack backpass by a defender but still has to have the skill to get past other defenders and score the goal.

Just saying "Martinez got lucky with Rom" seems to imply Martinez had absoultely nothing to do with him ending up at the club.

It doesn't imply that at all. It's a true fact, he went after one player and got offered a different...I'm struggling to see what's not true in that situation, it was luck that Chelsea weren't prepared to release a 29 year old journeyman in favour of a promising youngster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back