Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't always work well if you move to a "bigger" club. Clearly 4th is what we need and we fail miserablely.

Next season...I don't know. Even a FA Cup is that mean we can get 4th? Our league form has been terrible for two seasons.

Haha I'm not angry we signed you utter wum

Stating facts, that a stroke of luck paved his way here.

Don't let that door hit you on the way out. See ye

Didn't Martinez went for Ba initially? Chelsea rejected the deal and offered us Rom on loan?

Highly agree with that. A different manager would never have sold lukaku, everyone knew how good he was going to be. But considering the same manager sold the player of the year two years running and a recently 50 million pound midfielder in that time also , shows how much jose planned for the future on.

The difference now is at least we will have money to replace him with a higher quality player than we are used to in the past. Especially when you look at Torres, aguero , drogba to a few. All signed before they got to the big club, he'll even Suarez. We need to be signing that level of striker to replace Rom with
Also Kane was on multiple loans, and often not rated during them either, and has now blossomed into a really good striker.

It certainly won't be easy to replace Lukaku though and think it will require an element of luck to it as well ;)

People need to calm down a bit.

Rom wants CL football. Assuming that is literally the case, lets look at who he could likely sign for:

Leicester - no chance.
Spurs - no chance.
Arsenal - extremely slim to no chance, based on their lack of spending big.
Man City - possibly, if they really wanted him they have the funds to meet our high asking price.
Man Utd - slim to no chance, as they probably won't be in the CL.
Chelsea - no chance for multiple reasons; not in the CL next season.

That just leaves clubs abroad. Assuming his asking price is huge - and it should be, given Spurs sold Bale to Real Madrid for £85m and the value of everything has increased since then.

Bayern - maybe, but will they be willing to spend the £60m-£80m+?
Real Madrid - possibly.
Barcelona - possibly.
PSG - possibly, but it's a joke domestic league.

Just because he says he wants champs league (and I'm sure he does) doesn't mean he wouldn't go to Man Utd. The fact his father mentions that particular club suggests he wouldn't be adverse to going there. I don't think you should read the statement literally. What I think he's saying is he wants to play for a team that can give him a better chance of being in the champs league in the near future and will pay him more money.

This kind of interview whereby media people talk to players about their domestic situation while on international duty is abhorrent, but the players should be a lot smarter and refuse to comment.

The club needs to employ a genuinely media savvy person to teach the players how to handle media situations, not that useless article Darren Griffiths !!

And maybe it is time that clubs wrote it into player contracts that discussing domestic football if/when away on international duty is unacceptable and would put them in breach on contract and liable for humungous fines.

really? So players are not allowed an opinion? Unless they're back in England ...
Did he say anything bad regarding Everton?
No!
They asked him if he was leaving Everton this summer. And he answered maybe. Said he's turnign 23 this summer and he hasn't played CL yet. He said he wants to compete with the best.

What has he said that he should be fined for?

Just because he says he wants champs league (and I'm sure he does) doesn't mean he wouldn't go to Man Utd. The fact his father mentions that particular club suggests he wouldn't be adverse to going there. I don't think you should read the statement literally. What I think he's saying is he wants to play for a team that can give him a better chance of being in the champs league in the near future and will pay him more money.
If the special one goes to Manure,don't think Rom will be joining him, but we will see.

The same Martinez bores are always harping on about NSNO.

If you had any pride in Everton or yourself you'd be demanding Lukaku is dropped for the remainder of the season, but you won't you hypocrites.

People need to calm down a bit.

Rom wants CL football. Assuming that is literally the case, lets look at who he could likely sign for:

Leicester - no chance.
Spurs - no chance.
Arsenal - extremely slim to no chance, based on their lack of spending big.
Man City - possibly, if they really wanted him they have the funds to meet our high asking price.
Man Utd - slim to no chance, as they probably won't be in the CL.
Chelsea - no chance for multiple reasons; not in the CL next season.

That just leaves clubs abroad. Assuming his asking price is huge - and it should be, given Spurs sold Bale to Real Madrid for £85m and the value of everything has increased since then.

Bayern - maybe, but will they be willing to spend the £60m-£80m+?
Real Madrid - possibly.
Barcelona - possibly.
PSG - possibly, but it's a joke domestic league.

Another possibility you missed is Napoli. Who will probably get CL this year and will look to move Gonzalo Higuain for big money this summer.

If you had any pride in Everton or yourself you'd be demanding Lukaku is dropped for the remainder of the season, but you won't you hypocrites.

I love Rom more than Everton.

If he wants I think we should rename to Lukaku FC, change the club badge to a 2 litre pepsi bottle and change Goodison to Wang Park.

Also Kane was on multiple loans, and often not rated during them either, and has now blossomed into a really good striker.

It certainly won't be easy to replace Lukaku though and think it will require an element of luck to it as well ;)
We won't need luck for what we get for lukaku haha even 40 million and go mad still leaves cash in the bank.

We won't need luck for what we get for lukaku haha even 40 million and go mad still leaves cash in the bank.
If we do have to replace him, and I thought it likely we'd have to this summer even before our poor league season, money alone won't replace him as even if you spend a decent amount of cash there is no gaurantee of the striker fitting with the club.

Soldado is a good example, he was highly rated in Spain yet just couldn't seem to adapt to this league despite having a good coach in Pochettino and not seeming to have any personal issues with other members of the squad - it just never clicked for him.

And stick Kone or Niasse up front..? I'd rather Swallow that pride and at least attempt to get some points in the league. He can be dealt with, one way or the other, in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back