Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly true that fewer people care in the UK now that every match is on BT. I've got BT Sport and I still find myself forgetting about the Champions League until I find out the scores on Wednesday or Thursday morning. The casual viewers who used to catch the odd match on ITV probably never see a game.

I'm not sure that translates to players not being bothered to play at that level, though. It's still the biggest draw in club football, surely.

its crap until possibly the quarters/semis Michael Owens 'insights' don't help.

to be honest, probably. martial cost that sort of fee with an average scoring record with an average reputation. If you think of how many top class strikers there are in world football and how many are actually gettable if you're not barca, real, bayern or PSG - there are not that many around.
Martial played most of his football for Monaco on the wing. He has been on the radar since he was 14 with Chelsea, Barca and United said to have been scouting him and Spurs tried to buy him at the beginning of last summer before he extended his contract. I think he has all the ability to go right to the top.

Martial played most of his football for Monaco on the wing. He has been on the radar since he was 14 with Chelsea, Barca and United said to have been scouting him and Spurs tried to buy him at the beginning of last summer before he extended his contract. I think he has all the ability to go right to the top.

he seems alright, but nothing he's done in his career so far commanded that sort of fee. that's the amount you pay for an alexis sanchez etc. who's been playing at the very top for a few years.

I don't think many Blues bother with football outside of Everton. I don't know how anyone could watch Martial and not see a top drawer talent.

@thebluenosebolt

3 years remaining on his contract, 22 years old. I think the club is right in slapping the supposed 65m tag.
And even then, I would only sell to a CL team, and overseas. Man U and Chelsea can do one.
Lukaku thread though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back