Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so long he has 2 years left on his contract we will get good value for him. 1 average season isn't going to drop his price too much given he's had 3 good seasons in our top flight previously. Even if it knocked 15 million off his value the increase in tv money alone would cover that. It's the gamble you take but the money in the game now days means it's not a gamble that will ruin us financially especially as Moshiri's investment may make it moot anyhow

Yep but sometimes keeping unhappy players can backfire and ruin the mood in the team. You want players who want to play for the club and who doenst believe they are bigger then the club. I would rather sell him if he got his heart set on leaving, same goes for Stones.

Yep but sometimes keeping unhappy players can backfire and ruin the mood in the team. You want players who want to play for the club and who doenst believe they are bigger then the club. I would rather sell him if he got his heart set on leaving, same goes for Stones.

I agree and obviously I can't be 100% certain of this but Lukaku and Stones don't strike me as the sort of players to go on strike. They are both young, hungry players who know if they keep
Progressing the way they have will both be playing at the elite level of football. I don't think they would jepodise that for having to stay another year as certain starters on a massive pay rise. Of course I could be wrong ha

Really unhelpful of Lukaku to make want away comments to the media - even if it is negotiation tactics - he's smart enough to recognise his importance to the club and the destabilising effect of him making such remarks. I remember not so long ago he'd often talk very ambitiously about making the top 4 - he's clearly frustrated now

Regardless - RM / Everton have given him the perfect platform to develop which he should be appreciative of - he could easily have not had so much personal success at another club where he wasn't the focal point of play

Everton need a big strategy for player retention - this has to include a proven league winning manager and some big spending in the summer. This should be compelling for any of the players given the strength of our squad currently as a base. Also the options for moving are not necessarily more attractive in many cases

He's at a Top Club now mate.

Anyway great to see the big fella back to his "bag of cement" best.

I'm just quoting what he said last year, that he wanted to leave us to join a "top club".

He'll definitely be gone this summer anyway, he's lost all passion for us.

65 million to Munich my money's going on replaced by bony for a quater of that

No not boney. With the money from lukaku we could get two strikers and sell kone as well so we have naisse and a young striker and a quality striker but not bony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back