Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should offer lukaku crazy monthly salary and get him to stay one moe year with agreement he can leave no problem if we don't get a CL /top 4 spot next season i think we will get top 4 with him plus another stellar signing or two , which in theory , means he stays with Everton for few more years then.

Lukakus talk in the media is one of those things that have effected the team morale and chemistry

I would certainly agree that it wouldn't have been welcome. The only time we've had players mouthing off on international duty is our Belgian contingent. We've never really been that kind of club where players show disrespect in such a manner.

We all know he's leaving, the players know he's leaving but that doesn't mean he should be talking about it because there's still 10 games for him to concentrate on.

I would certainly agree that it wouldn't have been welcome. The only time we've had players mouthing off on international duty is our Belgian contingent. We've never really been that kind of club where players show disrespect in such a manner.

We all know he's leaving, the players know he's leaving but that doesn't mean he should be talking about it because there's still 10 games for him to concentrate on.

this. and how can martinez keep building when best of his team want out. our team is crumbling down and only way to avoid total meltdown is to sack martinez and get new man in. it lifts the whole club up and running again. new manager, new ideas, new players

I can't think of any other striker in world football right now who would have scored as many as he has playing for a team as bad as us.

I honestly don't think our 'style', if you can call it that, suits him and yet he's still scored the most we've seen in years and years.

I can't think of any other striker in world football right now who would have scored as many as he has playing for a team as bad as us.

I honestly don't think our 'style', if you can call it that, suits him and yet he's still scored the most we've seen in years and years.

There no doubt he a quality player, it's just that he wants Champion league football and this summer we might be able to get 60 million for him. Sometimes a deal is best for both clubs unless the new manager can convinced him to sign a new contract and give the club time. Footballer worry about time, he could play CL next season then rather wait two seasons with us

There no doubt he a quality player, it's just that he wants Champion league football and this summer we might be able to get 60 million for him. Sometimes a deal is best for both clubs unless the new manager can convinced him to sign a new contract and give the club time. Footballer worry about time, he could play CL next season then rather wait two seasons with us

Whether we want him to stay or not, I reckon he's off.

There was a period earlier in the season where the team was set up specifically to get the ball to him as quickly and as often as possible, which was when he scored the bulk of his goals.

However, it didn't translate into results, and the manager has had to shore up a little bit since.

There was a period earlier in the season where the team was set up specifically to get the ball to him as quickly and as often as possible, which was when he scored the bulk of his goals.

However, it didn't translate into results, and the manager has had to shore up a little bit since.

And yet we still slide down the table.

True; but the cricket scores have dried up, and they were what Martinez was taking criticism for at the time.

Lukaku is a good player, but expecting to just play through him and get what Liverpool and Spurs got from Suarez and Bale, was massively optimistic given the holes in his game.

If I we had the choice, I think I preferred the free scoring mental games over the dour crap we are getting now.

Not that it makes any difference I guess. Maybe might make Rom's price go up.

True; but the cricket scores have dried up, and they were what Martinez was taking criticism for at the time.

Lukaku is a good player, but expecting to just play through him and get what Liverpool and Spurs got from Suarez and Bale, was massively optimistic given the holes in his game.

So what you're saying is Roberto has worked out numerous styles through which we can get beat?

And to think people suggested he has no plan b lol

If I we had the choice, I think I preferred the free scoring mental games over the dour crap we are getting now.

Not that it makes any difference I guess. Maybe might make Rom's price go up.
Ultimately, I think it shows that it just isn't going to work out for Martinez. He simply doesn't have enough in his locker to come up with a comprehensive style of play, be it attacking or defensive.

However, I'm sure the club will be grateful if Lukaku's value has in fact risen to what the papers are reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back